The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: help how do i compouter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i cann't conncet at all
So many details. What error message do you see? What goes wrong? Have you carefully read the instructions, game master?
(04-08-2012, 07:54 PM)gamemaster8200 Wrote: [ -> ]i cann't conncet at all

Sure, but can you connect?
Please be specific. Saying you can't connect at all is like me getting in a car, sitting down, shutting the door and saying, "I'm not in Italy yet."
(06-08-2012, 04:03 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]Please be specific. Saying you can't connect at all is like me getting in a car, sitting down, shutting the door and saying, "I'm not in Italy yet."

His car is broken, how does he fix it?
I'm not flying.
These sort of posts remind me of when I was running my own IT business.

Someone calls saying "My computer isn't working, whats wrong with it?".

I usually reply with "Uhhh... OK, I need a bit more information than that".

You would be surprised the amount of people that believe in mind reading or just lack the basic levels of intelligence required to be a productive member of society.
That happens all too often. Someone tosses their laptop across my counter, and I ask 'So what's wrong with it?'

'It doesn't work.'

Very helpful.
Hey, I spilled coffee on my pants.

What's wrong with my computer?
Helpdesk: How may I help you?
Customer: I'm writing my first e-mail.
Helpdesk: OK, and, what seems to be the problem?
Customer: Well, I have the letter 'a' in the address, but how do I get the circle around it?

Helpdesk: Your password is the small letter a as in apple, a capital letter V as in Victor, and the number 7.
Customer: Is that 7 in capital letters?

Customer: My keyboard is not working anymore.
Helpdesk: Are you sure it's plugged into the computer?
Customer: No. I can't get behind the computer.
Helpdesk: Pick up your keyboard and walk 10 paces back.
Customer: Okay.
Helpdesk: Did the keyboard come with you?
Customer: Yes.
Helpdesk: That means the keyboard is not plugged in. Is there another keyboard?
Customer: Yes, there's another one here. Ah... that one does work!

Customer: I'm having a problem installing your software. I've got a fairly old computer, and when I type 'INSTALL', all it says is 'Bad command or file name'.
Tech Support: Ok, check the directory of the A: drive- go to A:> and type 'dir'.
Customer reads off a list of file names, including 'INSTALL.EXE'.
Tech Support: All right, the correct file is there. Type 'INSTALL' again.
Customer: Ok. (pause) Still says 'Bad command or file name'.
Tech Support: Hmmm. The file's there in the correct place-it can't help but do something. Are you sure you're typing I-N-S-T-A-L-L and hitting the Enter key?
Customer: Yes, let me try it again. (pause) Nope, still 'Bad command or file name'.
Tech Support: (now really confused) Are you sure you're typing I-N-S-T-A-L-L and hitting the key that says 'Enter'?
Customer: "Well, yeah. Although my 'N' key is stuck, so I'm using the 'M' key...does that matter?

Tech Support: Okay Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter "P" to bring up the Program Manager.
Customer: I don't have a P.
Tech Support: On your keyboard, Bob.
Customer: What do you mean?
Tech Support: "P".....on your keyboard, Bob.
Customer: I'M NOT GOING TO DO THAT!
Pages: 1 2