The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Black Mesa is out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The mythical almost vapourware mod is finished ?!
go get it http://www.blackmesasource.com
I've run through it and just got to the part with the soldiers. It's nice to play HL1 with slightly more modern graphics, and the few additions that have been thrown in (flares), add in some cool functionality (burning the shit out of zombie scientists).
(15-09-2012, 03:42 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]I've run through it and just got to the part with the soldiers. It's nice to play HL1 with slightly more modern graphics, and the few additions that have been thrown in (flares), add in some cool functionality (burning the shit out of zombie scientists).

Yeah, Im about in the same spot. While I really love this game, I was a little disappointed by the graphics...I though they would be better honestly. I havent played HL in a long time, and to me the graphics look the way I remember them. I mean, it wasnt Wolfenstein ffs.

Still, its fun to play through again for sure....
It's 2005 level graphics, because that's when they started
Anyway, ladders are god damn death traps, why do games keep fucking up ladders :|
(17-09-2012, 03:52 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]It's 2005 level graphics, because that's when they started
Anyway, ladders are god damn death traps, why do games keep fucking up ladders :|

HOW LADDERS?

Seriously, it seems like they should have figured out how to make it so I dont plummet to my death trying to get off the top of a ladder
You can't jump, and it takes a while to get used to. You just have to somehow walk off on a ledge, never jump off of any point of it.
(17-09-2012, 02:59 PM)Sixxth Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-09-2012, 03:42 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]I've run through it and just got to the part with the soldiers. It's nice to play HL1 with slightly more modern graphics, and the few additions that have been thrown in (flares), add in some cool functionality (burning the shit out of zombie scientists).

Yeah, Im about in the same spot. While I really love this game, I was a little disappointed by the graphics...I though they would be better honestly. I havent played HL in a long time, and to me the graphics look the way I remember them. I mean, it wasnt Wolfenstein ffs.

I dunno, dude. The graphics blow the original away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xme7mj4dt8I
(17-09-2012, 06:48 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-09-2012, 02:59 PM)Sixxth Wrote: [ -> ]

I dunno, dude. The graphics blow the original away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xme7mj4dt8I

Hahahah , wow! Goes to show you how memory works. I totally remember it looking like it does in BlackMesa. Clearly I am mistaken.

I guess playing things like L4D2 in SLI mode have spoiled me with graphics.