The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: homeserver?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know we have the live server and I know the old thread on the install is out dated and such.

I just got a new computer and cant get the damn appserv to work on it..
would love to have the standalone setup on it. Not sure what would work best or if there could even be a new way of doing it know.
Running window 7 64 home.

PS it works on the old box still fine, not sure how to transfer it.
is there a way to make it portable and on a thumbdrive?

thanks all for the hardwork
Major Tom
why would you need appserv ?
Well I did get it to work but took some time and downloading a few apps
woo that was a bit of glitch kitty moment for me.

Is there a way to put it on a them drive to make it portable?
If you want portability, you may need to sacrifice a bit of performance. You could get a virtual machine. Install the server on the virtual machine and put the image on a USB. That means that on any computer, you just have to install the virtual machine host, which is way less trouble when installing appserver and setting up mysql tables and all that crap.

There are two issues with this:
* performance issue (you now have another OS running which is eating up your ram and cpu)
* ip is not fixed to "localhost" etc.
* the configuration (useropts.cfg) that came with reality:

AuthServer (?? can't remember this one) = 127.0.0.1
MarginServerDNSSuffix = ".local.mxoemu.info"

So if you want to run a private server on a different machine, you would need to edit your hosts file and add the following:

Reality = <machine ip>
Reality.local.mxoemu.info = <machine ip>

You would also need to edit your useropts.cfg to say

AuthServer (?? can't remember this one) = Reality
MarginServerDNSSuffix = ".local.mxoemu.info"

Note: When setting up the private server for the first time, you have to pay attention to the public/private keys otherwise you will run into problems such as "Margin disconnected" and various authentication failures.
OVERKILL!!!!!

Use XAMPP. There's no need to use appserv, XAMPP is portable. Everything Static said, while accurate, is a lot of time and energy to spend.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
OVERKILL !!!
you don't need a web server at all
just install mysql !
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/
Use this to import the template sql file
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/5.2.html

Also, what are you doing with a local server anyway ?
ya I used XAMPP.. but it is great to see all I need is mysql
XAMPP included mysql so that made it easier to figure out stuff.
just learn how to do this is a good step on learning how stuff works from a start.
I would like to learn more so I could help with stuff.

As to what am doing, not really much..just really playing dress up with the character and running around the world.
To me having the stand alone is like having my own box of legos to build stuff in mxo or break..
on a side not am on The Secret World game now and theirs at least 30 mxo vets on my friend list there..we all miss the game really do, I miss hyperjumping and the animation to in..
At this stage of the game, if you're not a pro coder that can do bitch work for Rajko, there's not much to do in the way of help.

I certainly can't find anything useful to do in the little free time I have.