The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Why I never got to play....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When the matrix movies came out, I was immediately obsessed. I loved everything about them. Then in the DVD extras of the third, i learned about MxO. I was thrilled. I couldn't wait! I got into the beta and spent a week downloading the client on my parents 56k crap computer. After several days of my parents yelling at me to get off the internet and stop tying up the phone, it was finished! But the game wouldn't launch. I didn't know much about computing at the time and assumed it was just b/c something didn't download quite right so patiently I waited. Waited for my pre-order to come in and my red-pill experience to begin! The day finally came (and gamestop was so sick of hearing from me asking about its release) I ran home immediately and began instillation with an anticipation that could have killed. Then the moment of truth, i entered my information and nothing.... my parents computer didn't have the power necessary to run the game. And so I waited. FINALLY, we got a computer worthy of playing THE MATRIX ONLINE!!!! But, alas, all was lost... the company had gone bankrupt... Thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience a small bit of what i missed back then. I wish I could have supported this game during its time alive but I plan to help with its return. I don't know much about coding but I am a dedicated matrix fan and would love to see this game brought back to its original glory, Any way I can help, i'll do what I can, just point me in the right direction.
(14-11-2012, 08:09 PM)Genesis Wrote: [ -> ]When the matrix movies came out, I was immediately obsessed. I loved everything about them. Then in the DVD extras of the third, i learned about MxO. I was thrilled. I couldn't wait! I got into the beta and spent a week downloading the client on my parents 56k crap computer. After several days of my parents yelling at me to get off the internet and stop tying up the phone, it was finished! But the game wouldn't launch. I didn't know much about computing at the time and assumed it was just b/c something didn't download quite right so patiently I waited. Waited for my pre-order to come in and my red-pill experience to begin! The day finally came (and gamestop was so sick of hearing from me asking about its release) I ran home immediately and began instillation with an anticipation that could have killed. Then the moment of truth, i entered my information and nothing.... my parents computer didn't have the power necessary to run the game. And so I waited. FINALLY, we got a computer worthy of playing THE MATRIX ONLINE!!!! But, alas, all was lost... the company had gone bankrupt... Thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience a small bit of what i missed back then. I wish I could have supported this game during its time alive but I plan to help with its return. I don't know much about coding but I am a dedicated matrix fan and would love to see this game brought back to its original glory, Any way I can help, i'll do what I can, just point me in the right direction.

*Points to the FAQ* Thats the right direction.