The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Notes from the Past.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
((OOC: I was digging through our guild forums and I stumbled onto this. I thought it was a nice little slice out of history from my point of view. So.. I'm putting it up here with a little rp to surround it. Wink ))

"Welcome class." Miss MacGregor smiled at her students. She loved teaching them more than anything else even if sometimes she didn't agree with what she had to teach them. "I see most of you are here and I'm sure those that aren't will make up valid excuses."

The class laughed a little. They knew that was a joke she only told when everybody was there. Miss MacGregor smiled again and continued.

"Today we are going to do something a little different for history as part of our time together." Miss MacGregor held up a worn and beaten up datapad that had clearly been hacked together with parts stolen from the Machine. "We are going to get a look into what it was like for one of the Commanders of the True Believers during the move to New Zion. I'm sure some of you may have heard of Captain Skyscream."

"She's the Neonite." One of her students chipped in from the back of the room.

"Yes. She is called that sometimes. Today we are going to read a few pages from her personal log. I'm not sure she knows I have this so please don't tell her unless she asks specifically." Miss MacGregor winked to her class and touched a couple buttons on the data pad before reading the words that appeared on the screen out loud.

Commanders Personal Log

*Entry #192*

-Commander Skyscream-
=The True Believers=
Day 89 / Year 3 PT

It's hard to believe it's been more than two years already. As I think about the past I wonder how it is we ended up where we are. Against all odds we went from a broken fleet, torn apart, to a well respected and strong faction. The name may be different but the soul of our cause is still there. Born out of conflict and uncertainty. All we had was Morpheus. He believed.

It pains me to think about how many have been lost in those two years. The faces I see today are not the hopeful veterans who I shed blood with alongside Morpheus in the age of legends. They are not the men and women who fought against the Cypherites when that scourge first appeared. The True Believers are mostly strangers to me these days. Except for a few.
Fresh young redpills with pod goo still behind the ears. They need training. I only wish I had more time. I fear for their safety. Our enemies are many. These days I spend more time fielding communications from other fleets and organizations than anything else it seems. It makes me weary.

I'm a soldier. Not a diplomat.

Hell... I used to be a feared pirate for crying out loud. Now I get respect and offers of alliances. I doubt many remember the days of my exile from Zion.

Alliances. I've had more offers. But I don't trust any of them the way I trust The Pride. Maybe a few. But they are a rare breed. I've seen too many fleets come and go since I fell out of the world for me to form an alliance at the drop of a hat.

I've come to trust my new Captains almost as much as the old Captains. They are good people. Their individual strengths and weaknesses compliment each other. We fight well as a group now. They make me proud. When the new recruits are fully trained we will be a force to be reckoned with. As it is, when the True Believers enter the field of battle the enemy knows they have a real fight on their hands.

Seph has returned. This makes me happy. We've fought side by side since the beginning. I know the others are retired, lost to other causes, ... or dead ... but I keep hoping some will return. I hope Hal finds what he is looking for on his 'vision' quest. We could use his strength and wisdom.

I need to make a point of getting to know the new fleet members better. I've been feeling a little isolated lately.

I think I need to become a soldier again. Lead the battle instead of managing it from behind a desk...

*End of File*

*Entry #193*

-Commander Skyscream-
=The True Believers=
Day 91 / Year 3 PT

We rescued Neopill the other day in the real. He was really far from both Zion and even Believer Base on the surface. He didn't look good but he was alive. To bad his whole crew died. Good people all. Whoever sabatoged his ship did a really good job. But not good enough. My old friend Neopill still lives. I was saddened when he decided to leave our ranks and head out on his own. But it is the path he wanted. Hopefully his fleet Vengance Rising can recover from their recent troubles. Many do not.

I have a full crew again. I need to set aside some time to train them. I say I'm lazy often but it's not true. There's just too much to do. I'm trying to delegate but it's difficult. I don't know how much of this stuff the others are willing to do. On the other hand ... they all help out with running missions and things like that so it balances out I guess. Kinda. I don't want to ask too much of my fleetmates.

I think I'll bring it up at the meeting scheduled for a week from now.

*End of File*

*Entry #194*

-Commander Skyscream-
=The True Believers=
Day 111 / Year 3 PT

The Truce is no more.

We are attacked constantly in the Matrix. If it isn't Agents it's machinist fleets out for Zion blood like a pack of rabid dogs. It's sickening how quickly some turn to their darker natures. On both sides.
Hal has returned. Hopefully he will listen to me when I speak of caution. I know how he feels about the Machine. For good reason too. Old vets like us have a lot of bad memories. I'm concerned his attitude will brush off on the younger operatives. Ones who don't know what war is like. I fear we will all die defending the Gates of Zion.. or rather New Zion... so there is little need to rush that likely outcome.
Agent Gray gave orders that all Zion hovercraft are to be engaged and destroyed if they don't immediately surrender. Fortunately all the Believer hovercraft are well armed and armoured. Other hovercraft aren't a concern as long as we stick together. I'm pretty sure there are maybe one or two machinist hovercraft that can come close to matching the firepower of the Format C. Format is the Flagship for a reason. As a group we are strong. As we travel to new Zion we must stay alert and move as a fleet. Individually we can be taken.. or killed.

It's the Sentinals that concern me.

And Believer Base.

I think we are far enough out and small enough that we are below the Machines radar. If not.. well.. we have a few nasty surprises for anyone who approaches. Zion Command isn't the only one who has been preparing for an attack.

Operations in the Matrix are exceedingly difficult for our younger operatives. Zion keeps sending them on missions in the danger zones. They don't stand a chance against the agents. Hell.. even I can't stand up to them for very long without help.
We need to do something about that. Have the vets go on all missions with them.

Agent Gray already said the the Machine was moving to eliminate Zion and New Zion.

War is hell.

This time.. there is no Neo.
No Morpheus.
No Trinity.
We have to find our own way.

*End of File*

Miss MacGregor looked up at her class with a serious expression.

They were all paying close attention.

"Fortunately," Miss MacGregor smiled charmingly. "New Zion is still here. Thanks to the many brave Zionites who defend us. Even the ones like the True Believers. It is important that you all remember the kind of dedication it takes to defend all of you against the Machine. In both times of peace and times of war."

"So," Miss MacGregor smiled and put the datapad down on her desk. She preferred teaching in the real, not a construct, for her class of young redpills. "Let's move on to mathematics shall we? Our class time is limited after all."