The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Dead project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, I was wondering if there's any forward progress going on with the project, or has it been abandoned completely?

I've searched through the forums and found that the same few people keep insisting that the project is alive, but apart from those rumors, I haven't seen any functionality (missions, mobs, any actual gameplay whatsoever) added to MxO Emu in years. It seems like every thread I find that might have some updates in it turns out to be some new person asking what works, and then the forum regulars show up to attack him and then pal around with each other.

I think it's perfectly justified for a new person to show up, read the FAQ, and then ask if the project is still alive. The FAQ's insistence that development is continuing runs contrary to the reality - that development has gone nowhere, except for a graphics update a year ago that added no real functionality to the game. Why doesn't the development team expand beyond just one guy? Why even keep the site and server up if the sub-glacial pace of development means the process will take decades before it's finished?

It seems clear to me that without a recruiting drive to put together an actual dev team, this project will remain stagnant like this until one day the project's only staff member forgets to reboot the server and/or renew the web domain. It only takes one look at every other server emulator ever released to see that a dedicated team needs to work toward the release! One man cannot do this alone.

Good luck expanding the team, and here's hoping MxO will live again within our lifetimes!
What can you do to help with this project? If you can't do anything to help, then you've just found your answer to why this project is only being worked on by rajkosto. Everyone who's asked what needs to be done and if they can help just disappears after seeing what's on the plate.

If you're not happy with the way things are being done here, you could always try Hardline Dreams or MxO Live. You could also, you know, maybe contribute to the project instead of complaining about lack of devs, updates, etc.

Also, here come the bees.
Color me impressed with how much blood is in this thing. In 10 minutes the world can get an update (I've seen it happen!). It's alive!

I'm sure there are other "larger" teams making as much progress out there somewhere with their own version of the matrix.
It's duke nukem forever...
just because a development "team" goes dark doesn't mean that things aren't happening, otherwise Bioshock Infinite would have been Duke Nukem Forever
does the JC2MP team just twiddle their thumbs between public weekend tests ? No, they're actually spending their time making it better for the next time.
Come in to the IRC channel if you want to see more chatting about movement.

Don't you think in the past three and a half years that we have tried to find skilled and talented individuals to help? People either want money (no fucking way), or they don't give a rats ass about MxO. Look at a project like SWGEmu. They have 50-75 people on their staff. Why? Because people actually cared about SWG.

I hope you feel very pleased with your response, but the truth is, if people keep asking the same questions over and over, it helps NOTHING. Why couldn't you have just posted your rant in another thread that was already questioning the status? Nope, you had to create your own so you could sit in your ivory tower.

Why would you shit on the one person who is both willing and able to bring the Matrix Online back? Rajko busts his ass for free in his free time.

The current code (just like I've said in many other posts like this) is outdated. Rajko is rebuiling his code from the ground up. Therefore, the development server that you can currently log in to, woefully outdated as it is, will remain so until he has more to put up. In 3.5 years, we've learned that you don't put up a partially done project, because people get super excited, tell all their friends, bring in a HUGE mass of people, and then VANISH AS SOON AS THEY REALIZE THAT IT IS WOEFULLY INCOMPLETE.

This isn't new, this is how things have been for years.

It took Monolith years to build the original game. What? You don't think it will take years to rebuild it?

Now, speak up, because it's hard to hear you from up here on my high horse.
[Image: ?bb_attachments=760031&bbat=85871&inline]
worst gifs ever..sorry

[Image: 6WfSvSc.gif]
[Image: l9AmOpj.gif]
[Image: 5bKXqNb.gif]
[Image: 8Yk70Wy.gif]
(18-04-2013, 08:06 PM)slickie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I was wondering if there's any forward progress going on with the project, or has it been abandoned completely?

*Edit: A bunch of words I don't feel like repeating. - Skyscream*

One man cannot do this alone.

*Edit: Some other words. See above. - Skyscream*

/mood sarcasm
/tell Rajkosto: Dude.. that means.. you're a woman?
/tell Rajkosto: I had no idea.
/duck
Big Grin
Sometimes people things : "Take out the magic wand" - zing - " Oh MxO Server Files are there and completly working" Smile

@slickie :
Monolith had around (if i remember right) over 100 DEVs thats are was only working on the Server.

If you look at the Projects related to MxO Server Emulation you will see - the resources are very limited:
1 Dev at MxOEmu
2 Dev's at HardlineDreams
1 Dev at mxo-singularity

Then the next thing : you will never make money with it - what does this mean ? Right - you have a real life where you go to work and do other things like sleeping or something Smile
As time is very limited you have to understand that RL has the highest priority for everyone.

We just do this as we loved this game in our interest.
FWIW....I'm grateful for just being able to run around and see old hiding places.

I always chuckle when I find myself STILL moving around to fend off a PUNT (old Vector habits).
Pages: 1 2 3