The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Hello MXO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow redpills, my name is DeadEyes and I used to play MXO back in its heyday. I left about a year or so before SOE shut it down but kept tabs on the various EMU projects up until a few years ago when my eyes started to go bad. I will spare everyone the details but suffice it to say my user name isnt that far off from reality these days.

As part of my "therapy" to get as much use out of the vision that I still have however I've been encouraged to try to do as much as I can, including going online. I've been surfing here and there and today had the idea of seeing if anything has come of the MXO EMU's. Are they up and running? Is it open to the public or still in beta? Are there live events in an "offical" capacity or is it players coming up with their own stories?

I apologize if these questions are already answered somewhere else and ask if they are to please redirect me as I only have about thirty to forty percent vision left but I am curious to see if I can handle something like MXO, I remember the gameplay was fairly simple and might be something I can handle.
You can start the game. You can log in. You can walk, you can run, you can chat and you can dance your little heart out. That's pretty much it right now.
Ah, I think that was roughly the same as right before my condition started up, thank you for the reply though.

Too bad SOE isnt the type of company that would just release the server side program, would certainly fix their image of being the grim reaper of MMO's.... at least by a little.
I wouldn't waste the last of my vision on playing MxO, there's far more interesting things to do
Oh I agree completely and I have been doing other things it's just that this is part of my "therapy" to relearn things and to see what I can or cant do. Up until a few months ago my vision was pretty bad but by sheer luck/boredom I tried playing a video game and I saw an improvement in my vision.

What had happened was, because I had to lay face down and ussually had my eyes closed (on and off for nearly six months) my eyes had attrophied from disuse, in addition to what vision I have left. This resulted in my perception of things being, distorted. Try to imagine every straight ledge, line, etc being curved. You know its supposed to be straight but you eyes are telling your brain its not. This would give me headaches so I would keep my eyes closed most of the time and just listen to audio books (I probably listened to more books in the past two years than I have read in my entire life).

Anyway, like I was saying one day I decided to play a video game and after a few days my vision started to straighten out. We think that having to track so many things in a typical game setting, visually speaking that is, caused my eyes to "get back into shape" So now, I play a bit each day just to keep my eyes "in shape".... I guess you could say that its midicinal video gaming, lol.

Anyway thanks for letting me know the status of the EMU, I might stick around on these forums, the color scheme is easier on my eyes than most and I dont have to rely on my text reader to read here.
If you need plenty of moving things to track, MMOs really aren't it.
It isnt so much that I am looking for an MMO to help me track things (I have M.E. 3 for that and a few others) but as I said I am trying to find the things that I can and cant do now, ie how well could I handle a multiplayer setting and the like.