The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: MXO - Start Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi!

I have some problems to start the MXO EMU. I have installed the "msi" file, everything happened without an error. I can login, but after the loading screen I land somewhere where I see only the downtown skyscrapers, but I am not in downtown, I mean its only this 2D graphic from the downtown skyline which we see when we are in Richland and look over the water. I am kinda in the air, I don't see my character, I don't see the User Interface. The mouse cursor is bigger than in my standard resolution 1920x1080. I have checked my "useropts.cfg" and "options.cfg" and there is still my correct resolution.
I use the version of MXO which was emulated from the "MXO Live" Project before. Is it possible that some files still refer to the old emu from "MXO Live"? Or does some old files from the past emu project make any troubles, because they are still in the mxo main folder? If I change the location in the character web page, it has no effect.

Can you help me Rajko or someone there?

ciao

Miss Arzu Bazman
RAF
I would start from scratch instead of using the mxolive files, just to be sure. However, if you can eve log in, that may be only a formality.

First I would try relogging. It may take several attempts.

If you see the ui but are still in the sky, try pressing space bar to jump. Hopefully that puts you at ground level.
Hi Vesuveus!

Thank you for the answer first.
I thought the same too first and asked me if it's a good idea to use the "mxolive" version and overwrite it, but I tryed it at end.
Today I took the original version, so as the MXO version was at the last day before SOE closed it. No Luck, it makes exactly the same, I am somewhere outside the construct, with no user interface and no char. My coordinates are Richland 0, 0, 0. What I don't understand is also, why it starts with the wrong resolution. As I used the "mxolive" version (2 years ago) I had no problems, all my settings in "options.cfg" and "useropts.cfg" did all correctly. Now it seems as if it starts with somehing like 1024x768 and not with my HD resolution. Somewhere I saw that Rajko changed something on the rendering system (the old Vista story), I ask me if it crashes somehow with my hardcore useropts. I had allways all the settings to its absolute maximum.

Okie, I must wait if someone here can help me with that. In the meantime I go over to TSW or APB. I hope I can visit my city once again.

ciao

Miss Arzu Bazman
RAF
Other versions of MXO will not work stick to the original msi file install, I got this regularly which was solved by setting your co-ordinates on the website to mara c or another hardline (theres a list somewhere on the forums of all the hardlines coords)

I'm not sure what was causing it but it would move my character to a random location above or below ground :p Atleast, i think that is whats wrong here (:
Have you tried turning it off and on again ?
If the above fails, try smashing it with a baseball bat until it accepts you as it's master.
That's what I do, works every time. But first I download the .7z MxO client from the front page at mxoemu.info, then install the .msi launcher and point it to wherever you extracted the .7z. I put my MxO directory right in the root, C:\MatrixOnline, but you can pretty much put it wherever. After installing the mxoemu .msi launcher, upon first run it asks for the MxO directory, not the file. Then once you launch Rajko's launcher whose icon will be on the desktop, it'll automatically download all updates for all the fixes Rajko's made so far. This should work fine for you. Just ditch the MxO install you have now. Always best to start from a clean slate. See you in the city.
(09-07-2013, 03:17 AM)bitbomb Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I do, works every time. But first I download the .7z MxO client from the front page at mxoemu.info, then install the .msi launcher and point it to wherever you extracted the .7z. I put my MxO directory right in the root, C:\MatrixOnline, but you can pretty much put it wherever. After installing the mxoemu .msi launcher, upon first run it asks for the MxO directory, not the file. Then once you launch Rajko's launcher whose icon will be on the desktop, it'll automatically download all updates for all the fixes Rajko's made so far. This should work fine for you. Just ditch the MxO install you have now. Always best to start from a clean slate. See you in the city.

Lookit you being all helpful and shit.

+1

Thank you all for the answers. It works now, I had only a wrong value in my "useropts". It is good to be back in this city.

Can I deactivate this hyperfast running somehow? I want to make some videos and it is not possible to walk normal, looks really stupid.

ciao

Miss Arzu Bazman
RAF
What value was it ? So others can know what not to do.
Pages: 1 2 3