The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Anita testing server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Ok, server now working, for configuration of client read 1st post
In it right now, working just fine. Now all there is to do is wait for the next server release, and then boom! hoorays all around.
So... is the offical server I've seen stated in morps post or just someone hosting somethen???
there is no official server
(31-12-2009, 07:58 PM)JazznJos Wrote: [ -> ]So... is the offical server I've seen stated in morps post
Stated where? Is a fan based host, as you can see on the 1st page.
(31-12-2009, 08:53 PM)Morpheus Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-12-2009, 07:58 PM)JazznJos Wrote: [ -> ]So... is the offical server I've seen stated in morps post

" Next releases would have a certificate needed to broadcast its signal. That means that we identify your server as a official version of our work. If you want to use the server without certificate from us, you will be able to, but will only accept connections from your localhost (aka from your PC and only your PC or LAN). This looks bit selfish from the outside part, but this enables us to control the spreading of servers and makes us be able to "shutdown" the certificate for a server that, for example, unofficially bills players or had broken the server EULA statements.
This means that your server may connect to a central database and wont work as a real server if you dont identify right or work if you do. Not a trojan, is just a handshake process.
Certificate source is gonna be private "for-ever" as, it will work under a non-GPL license. I'm bit sad for taking this way but is the strongest way against legality issues to us. The Other 98% part of the server source will be released "

So im asking is this one of those offical servers? And maybe im missing it but i dont see that on the first page
(31-12-2009, 09:23 PM)JazznJos Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-12-2009, 08:53 PM)Morpheus Wrote: [ -> ]

" Next releases would have a certificate needed to broadcast its signal. That means that we identify your server as a official version of our work. If you want to use the server without certificate from us, you will be able to, but will only accept connections from your localhost (aka from your PC and only your PC or LAN). This looks bit selfish from the outside part, but this enables us to control the spreading of servers and makes us be able to "shutdown" the certificate for a server that, for example, unofficially bills players or had broken the server EULA statements.
This means that your server may connect to a central database and wont work as a real server if you dont identify right or work if you do. Not a trojan, is just a handshake process.
Certificate source is gonna be private "for-ever" as, it will work under a non-GPL license. I'm bit sad for taking this way but is the strongest way against legality issues to us. The Other 98% part of the server source will be released "

So im asking is this one of those offical servers? And maybe im missing it but i dont see that on the first page

Out of curiosity, whats the source of that quote? Is it from an earlier post in this thread, or another thread? I don't believe I can give you an authoritative answer, but I am curious.

**EDIT**

Never mind. Used forum search function and found source at: http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-147.html...ertificate
So im asking is that going to be the offical server everone uses and use a offical cert from them?
repost from 2nd page:

[Image: 14y7tpt.png]

nuff said.
A simple question for developers:
If client connected to server - we got message:
"Final Update - HvCft Otherside Signing Off" etc
What generate this message? Server part or is it just a link to external webpage and where can i edit it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15