The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Request for Faction Thread/forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think it's too soon to be talking about factions. We have a nice little group the way we are just now. No sense in drawing lines in the sand and taking sides just yet when the game isn't even out yet. Just my opinion ...
Personally, I keep in touch with my factions on our faction boards, so I don't see any point in creating faction boards here.

First of all, it's way early, and secondly, the last thing we need is division amongst us.

But what do I know?
Well to be fair, we are going to have divison among us sooner or later. It's just whether we want it in the form of orgs, factions, or orgs & factions.
(18-02-2010, 03:43 AM)Metalogic Wrote: [ -> ]Well to be fair, we are going to have divison among us sooner or later. It's just whether we want it in the form of orgs, factions, or orgs & factions.

But why now this early on?
I initiated a lot of RP out of our faction forum on DN1, but I probably won't do that here. So I can see why one would want them.
This is gonna sound nuts because I can remember in the early days of being totally against a N.A.P. (Non- Agression Pact). I thought in game the fact that all the orgs were at each other throats was for me the best part of the game. Of course the rp back then absolutely lent to it with Morpheus getting assassinated (maybe) and the finger pointing going and the Assassin on the loose made the game pretty dynamic. It always seemed like one event after another pitted each organization against each other.

Now I'm not suggesting we hold hands around the campfire and sing folk songs but it would be pretty cool (and a little sophisticated) where we could have all three orgs united against something that would threaten the Matrix. This is more like a storyline idea for a future event is what I guess I am getting at. Afterwards the old arguments can come back and we can get to fighting each other again but i would like to see something like where all of us as a group can take some outside enemy down. If an event like that could be thought up , I think it would actually be a cool one.
(18-02-2010, 06:43 AM)Barloke Wrote: [ -> ]This is gonna sound nuts because I can remember in the early days of being totally against a N.A.P. (Non- Agression Pact). I thought in game the fact that all the orgs were at each other throats was for me the best part of the game. Of course the rp back then absolutely lent to it with Morpheus getting assassinated (maybe) and the finger pointing going and the Assassin on the loose made the game pretty dynamic. It always seemed like one event after another pitted each organization against each other.

Now I'm not suggesting we hold hands around the campfire and sing folk songs but it would be pretty cool (and a little sophisticated) where we could have all three orgs united against something that would threaten the Matrix. This is more like a storyline idea for a future event is what I guess I am getting at. Afterwards the old arguments can come back and we can get to fighting each other again but i would like to see something like where all of us as a group can take some outside enemy down. If an event like that could be thought up , I think it would actually be a cool one.

Yeah, I thought at first the whole Halborn / Carlyne / Wright thing was going to be like that. Each time, I was wrong as they killed eachother... A common enemy where everyone needs to work together would be awesome. Especially with an undercurrent where each side is trying to pull something off for itself to gain an edge for when the enemy is gone.
(18-02-2010, 02:43 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-02-2010, 06:43 AM)Barloke Wrote: [ -> ]This is gonna sound nuts because I can remember in the early days of being totally against a N.A.P. (Non- Agression Pact). I thought in game the fact that all the orgs were at each other throats was for me the best part of the game. Of course the rp back then absolutely lent to it with Morpheus getting assassinated (maybe) and the finger pointing going and the Assassin on the loose made the game pretty dynamic. It always seemed like one event after another pitted each organization against each other.

Yeah, I thought at first the whole Halborn / Carlyne / Wright thing was going to be like that. Each time, I was wrong as they killed eachother... A common enemy where everyone needs to work together would be awesome. Especially with an undercurrent where each side is trying to pull something off for itself to gain an edge for when the enemy is gone.

Haven't we had enough of that with The Oligarch, Unlimits, N30 Agents, The General, and The Assassin?
(18-02-2010, 03:34 PM)Metalogic Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't we had enough of that with The Oligarch, Unlimits, N30 Agents, The General, and The Assassin?

Dunno, I wasn't there for those, and no one ever explained most of the stuff to me (and there was a server lack of documentation regarding it all). If so, then by all means, let's resume the throat-cutting.
Not really Meta, in almost all those events we had alot of backstabbing and blaming going on. Honestly i think the only point they made in many of those events were to get us all in a PvP frenzy. I'm not saying it sucked because it was actually kind of fun but what was more fun for me at least was actually pooling resources from different organizations to confront a common enemy. I got more of a kick when we would have secret meetings with other orgs then with just the regular cast of characters. Hell it was even more fun when the other group hated my guts because it led to some uneasy truces which for me added alot to the realism of the event.
Pages: 1 2 3 4