The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: If you had the choice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you had the choice to see a new Matrix movie, what would you like to see? Be specific.

i.e.: The movies took place in the 'x' version of the Matrix; would you like to see a continuation of the current movies OR would you like to see a new movies taking place in a different version of the Matrix? New actors/character? Same actors/characters?

If you had the choice of a company relaunching MxO, What would you like to see?

i.e.: Would you want it to be like the original and pick up where it left off or would you like it to have a new story, plot, chars, etc. in a different version of the Matrix?
how did you get that rainbow to show up in front of the title header?
(17-10-2013, 11:14 PM)Neo VII Wrote: [ -> ]how did you get that rainbow to show up in front of the title header?

It's a thread icon option to choose from below the title of the thread field.
New Movie:
I would love to see a continuation of the current storyline, and see how the Truce affects the actions of Morpheus and the other Zion operatives. There are still a lot of loose ends, in that there are a lot of unknowns left for people to discover. For example the ability of Smith to overwrite Bane's consciousness. Or the location of Neo's remains (if he is in fact dead). There's just a lot of opportunity for interesting story arcs left over in the wake of Revolutions. And even if you don't revisit those events, you still can go forward with the fact that Morpheus, while simultaneously trying to keep The Truce intact, will want to free the entire human race. The dynamic of working towards complete freedom, while also trying not to piss The Machines off, is extremely interesting to me.

MXO Relaunch:
I'd like a reboot of sorts. I absolutely loved the game, but there's certain creative directions I wouldn't have explored if I had full control over MXO. First, I'd change some things visually. Of course an HD upgrade would be amazing, but isn't absolutely necessary. I'd definetly change the ability animations. I was disappointed that they moved away from green-themed graphics. For example, the hacker attacks, in my opinion, would have looked so much better if they were less flashy and vibrant. I remember seeing a video of gameplay early in development and instead of the big flashy red animations, the character was typing on a simple green glowing grid. Would have preferred that much more. And I would have also liked more 90's themed clutter, always felt like some interiors were empty. As far as story, I'd start the game off shortly after The Truce, and move forward in a similar direction as my movie ideas from above. Things I think definetly need to be included are the idea that Agents can overwrite people's consciousnesses, the location of Neo's remains, the General (I like the idea of a program that controls sentinel activity outside The Matrix), what The Oracle and Sati are up to, and what role they will play in the future of Zion, and what steps will be taken (by Morhpeus and other Zionites) to fully free the human race.
I think if SOE put half the effort into MxO (like their other games) when they got their hands on it, it would've been a night and day difference from what it was.
I agree. The problem was probably the dismal sales. MXO made a lot less money than everybody thought it would, and so they didn't have a whole lot of money to dump into it. Seeing how successful the Free to Play with cash store model has been, that could have really boosted sales and given us the MXO we deserved.
(24-10-2013, 05:35 PM)NEM0 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. The problem was probably the dismal sales. MXO made a lot less money than everybody thought it would, and so they didn't have a whole lot of money to dump into it. Seeing how successful the Free to Play with cash store model has been, that could have really boosted sales and given us the MXO we deserved.

$9.99 subscription model + vanity item cash shop. Plus, release a free Dev kit for players to build and sale content themselves upon developer approval to be added into the game.
I think changing the model could've brought in a lot more Matrix fans, and given them a lot more money to pour into content creation.