The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Make the whole game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just played the emulator. How cool. Brought back tons of memories, but if you went that far why didnt you just go all the way and finish the entire game? What a let down.
Man, windows 3.1 was cool in 1992 and all, but when they did that why didnt they just make windows 7 from the start ? What a let down.
Why did Monolith need a huge development team and (estimated by some industry expert that I can't recall where I read) $2M to develop MxO? Why didn't one guy just make it? It would have been done so much sooner. What a let down.
(23-06-2014, 10:58 AM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]Man, windows 3.1 was cool in 1992 and all, but when they did that why didnt they just make windows 7 from the start ? What a let down.

I'm sorry, but can I ask you a few questions about mxoemu creation programs?

Firstly, I'd like to know if there is difference for you to use windows 8 or windows 3.1 to rebuild MxO?

What programs are you using to develop it?

And lastly, where do you get all those MxO models/data? Do you have all necessary MxO files?

Again sorry for my silly questions. I barely know anything about 3D games developing.
windows 3.1 is a great operating system in 2014, that's all i have to say.
that concurrent multitasking model is just SO IN with the crowd these days.

I use MxoEmu MakerBot 3000 for all my mxoemu programming needs, btw. Only 100$ on kickstarter.
It is a server emulator (replacement). The game client was distributed freely, that's what you install on your computer. They distribute it freely because the game client can't work without a server to tell it what to do, which you needed a paid subscription to access. SoE took the servers down, so there's nothing to connect to. Rajko is creating a server for the game to connect to. Starting at the basics and working to full functionality. It is a gigantic undertaking and will take an unspecified, long period of time to complete. It is very involved, and is programmed using C++.
I agree, this game has brought back a ton of mems for me as well. And Raj, I don't know how many other people have said this, but thanks bro. Even just where this is right now is amazing to me, and I'm looking forward to more.
(23-06-2014, 03:35 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]windows 3.1 is a great operating system in 2014, that's all i have to say.
that concurrent multitasking model is just SO IN with the crowd these days.

I use MxoEmu MakerBot 3000 for all my mxoemu programming needs, btw. Only 100$ on kickstarter.

Is there a program I could use to edit MxO models, make animations, scripts?
Not unless you get a hold of http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.p...25997&id=3 tools somehow
Protip: 1.0 (Shogo), 2.0 (NOLF), Talon (AVP2), Jupiter, Jupiter Ex tools are not compatible.
(24-06-2014, 10:53 AM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]Not unless you get a hold of http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.p...25997&id=3 tools somehow
Protip: 1.0 (Shogo), 2.0 (NOLF), Talon (AVP2), Jupiter, Jupiter Ex tools are not compatible.

Would it work with older than Lithtech 3.1 engine? Like FEAR sdk?
Pages: 1 2