The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Neo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone feel that the Matrix story revolves around Neo after all these years? I feel like they could center the story around any character. Is that just because I have embraced alternate Matrix stories, or is that how everyone feels?
There definitely are a lot more stories than just what comes with Neo. The Matrix canon is so fruitfull, anybody can be at the forefront.
It bothers so many people when Neo isn't involved, seems like the Matrix universe is so tiny for a lot of fans and Mixo players.

"CAN I BE NEO?!"
(27-06-2014, 02:17 PM)bitbomb Wrote: [ -> ]It bothers so many people when Neo isn't involved, seems like the Matrix universe is so tiny for a lot of fans and Mixo players.

"CAN I BE NEO?!"

I remember how everyone was shocked that neo wasn't in enter the matrix. They really made a point not to put neo in there's at all.
no i wanna be neo fuk u fagit
He's doing his superman thang.
Does the story revolve around Neo? Not at this point. Its moved on.
Would there be a Matrix franchise without Neo - no way. His story arc of discovery is what set up the whole thing. Without Neo, who cares if there are agents, exiles etc?
What made it great was seeing someone do some super cool impossble kung fu disco! Otherwise we are just watching Dark city (cool in its own right, but not really a superhero movie if I remember correctly).
Trinity or Morpheus were cool to watch. But lets face it, the story wasnt about the supporting cast. Sure, we remember Dennis Rodman was on the Bulls - but the story was about Michael Jordan lol.
Yeah, the Matrix lends itself to lots of cool story ideas now, but it needed The Neo character to reveal the nature of the Matrix.
And honestly for me, I haven't seen much in the way of cool story arcs since the movies. I didnt really love any of the storylines in Mixo when it was live. Without a great cause to fight for, it was hard to care about the characters. Obv just my opinion.
What are you talking about ? Anome pew pew eye lasers were great. </sarcasm>
You got this fucking guy to thank: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...TcIE#t=144
Neo is barely in anything outside of the trilogy and Path of Neo. He's in one episode of The Animatrix, there's a post-Revolutions construct simulacrum of Neo in one of the comics, and he's in two EtM cinematics. One is a scene straight from Reloaded, while the other is a blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearance in a scene where Morpheus greets Niobe and Ghost before the Keymaker tells them about the door to the Source.

EtM was going to have an in-game cinematic with Neo in it, but it never got finished. I've only read a description of it by someone who hacked the PC version's game files. It had something to do with Niobe and Ghost encountering a blockade on the freeway shortly after Neo saves Morpheus and the Keymaker. They rush the blockade in their car, fight some cops, then one turns into an Agent who shoots at Niobe/Ghost. But Neo stops the bullets and does his usual Agent curb stomping. This is why Sparks tells Niobe and Ghost that they've "just spent eight of [their] nine lives getting out of there" after they jack out. This is also why there's a character model for Neo in EtM.
That's one of the things I loved about The Animatrix, being able to see stories unfold that didn't directly depend on Neo vs. Smith. The whole idea of the Matrix universe is such fertile ground for really good stories. 'Beyond' is still my absolute favorite from The Animatrix. Reminded me so much of lucid dreams I'd had. I'm sure the lucid dreaming thing is part of why I was always so into The Matrix in the first place. That and I've always been a sucker for cyberpunk.

Also interesting about Neo almost being in EtM, seems like a happy accident or last minute decision, the game hit so much harder without him. There was no distraction and you could fully invest in Ghost and Niobe who were only tertiary characters in the movies. Loved that they had a chance to get some spotlight, shame how shabby and rushed the game was but that doesn't stop me from replaying it from time to time.
Pages: 1 2