The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Community Attitudes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I talked MMOs today with a friend. The subject that kept coming back was community bitching about the game. He plays everything under the sun, recently redubbed to WoW after a few years. I only played mxo. Everything he mentioned changes he had noticed in wow, I thought how the Mxo community would shout recycled content or bitch til someone got temp banned.

Why is this an mmo thing? Was mxo different from other gaming communities?
I used to see people whining that you couldn't be Neo in MXO but that's about it.
For some reason MMO players have a reputation for being extremely entitled. Maybe it's the monthly payment, who knows.
(01-09-2014, 12:26 PM)bitbomb Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason MMO players have a reputation for being extremely entitled. Maybe it's the monthly payment, who knows.

While this doesn't apply to everyone, I do think that many of today's generation of gamers has been brought up with their parents telling them how SPECIAL they are, like rare snowflakes. This has evolved into a generation of entitled smarmy jerks that believe their first car should be a BMW, and they are entitled to everything they want.

GET OFF MY LAWN

/oldguy rant off
Thank God my mom raised me by letting me know what a zilch I am.
Where is my fucking bmw?
(01-09-2014, 01:09 PM)Sixxth Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2014, 12:26 PM)bitbomb Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason MMO players have a reputation for being extremely entitled. Maybe it's the monthly payment, who knows.

While this doesn't apply to everyone, I do think that many of today's generation of gamers has been brought up with their parents telling them how SPECIAL they are, like rare snowflakes. This has evolved into a generation of entitled smarmy jerks that believe their first car should be a BMW, and they are entitled to everything they want.

GET OFF MY LAWN

/oldguy rant off

EXCUSE ME, BUT I PERSONALLY SAVED CHRISTMAS IN MXO EVERY YEAR I PLAYED.

I AM A VERY SPECIAL FUCKING SNOWFLAKE.
(02-09-2014, 01:27 AM)Gerik Wrote: [ -> ]EXCUSE ME, BUT I PERSONALLY SAVED CHRISTMAS IN MXO EVERY YEAR I PLAYED.

Was that the "Holiday Cheer" mission? Because a lot of us did that. Tongue
(02-09-2014, 01:27 AM)Gerik Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2014, 01:09 PM)Sixxth Wrote: [ -> ]

GET OFF MY LAWN

/oldguy rant off

EXCUSE ME, BUT I PERSONALLY SAVED CHRISTMAS IN MXO EVERY YEAR I PLAYED.

10/10 would quote again.

(02-09-2014, 01:56 AM)Othinn Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2014, 01:27 AM)Gerik Wrote: [ -> ]EXCUSE ME, BUT I PERSONALLY SAVED CHRISTMAS IN MXO EVERY YEAR I PLAYED.

Holiday Boucher 4tw!!!
(02-09-2014, 01:56 AM)Othinn Wrote: [ -> ]

Nope, just me.
Pages: 1 2