The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Legacy Server and Original Data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why wont they let us run a server separate of SOE? I mean there are people who run Vanilla WoW and they don't have to reverse engineer the game.

Has anyone inquired about then re-leasing the server info? Please quick answer and close thread if needed, however if the answer is "No, no one thought to ask" please don't close the thread. I am working on setting a "Corp" that runs popular legacy games on a server for people like us. And it has given me some negotiation power with companies...except Blizzard of course. The goal is of course just the original game with all bug fixes that were fixed while supported.
Of course after all these years, many many people have inquired. It's a dead end. It's the first thing anyone thought of at the beginning of the project. It's a dead end, it won't happen. For background info, search the dozens of threads about this topic, that should bring you up to speed. Welcome!
People who run Vanilla WoW are using private server software made by people who did reverse engineer the game over the many years it's been popular.
(And no Blizz still hates them, and if they try and make money off it they shut them down quick)
(11-10-2014, 03:28 PM)kovenwolf Wrote: [ -> ]I am working on setting a "Corp" that runs popular legacy games on a server for people like us. And it has given me some negotiation power with companies...

If you want to give it a try, don't let us discourage you. Even if it has been shot down before, you might be the lucky fella to break the barrier. Worst that could happen is they tell you no.
(13-10-2014, 07:21 PM)Jac Wrote: [ -> ]Worst that could happen is they tell you no.

Well, the real worst case scenario is that the lucky person you speak with(while laughing about the absurd plea you made) passes a note to legal reminding them to kill any MxO related fan projects.
Good luck even findind anyone who remembers anything about working with MxO tbh.
All long forgotten and badly archived and put into boxes handled by TOP MEN probably.
(13-10-2014, 11:56 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck even findind anyone who remembers anything about working with MxO tbh.
All long forgotten and badly archived and put into boxes handled by TOP MEN probably.

Hey I got it! Has anyone asked Rarebit?
(14-10-2014, 01:13 AM)Sixxth Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-10-2014, 11:56 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck even findind anyone who remembers anything about working with MxO tbh.

Hey I got it! Has anyone asked Rarebit?

Nah, he doesn't know shit. Let's ask Ben Chamberlain instead, he probably knows more.
Don't worry guys, my uncle works at Nintendo; I'll go ask him.