The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Video Capture / Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know a good program ( preferably free ) for capturing and editing gameplay? I am not just looking for capture, but a way to edit the video footage as well as well. Things like pausing or slowing down video, doing text effects, zoom, distortion, overlay, editing sound / audio mixing.

Bonus points if there are tutorials on how to use it and its not overly complex.
Can't beat Open Video Broadcaster for live streaming/capturing game footage (if you want good clean source for later editing, use NVENC with 50mbps or something like that, 0% hit on CPU)
As for editing, I have no idea. Sony Vegas ?
The only program I have found so far that does this is TechSmith Camtasia. It is not free, but you can easily download an illegal version (not going to post link as I do not think it is allowed).
Camtasia can only desktop capture and it's pretty shitty for videogame footage (low max fps, inefficient codecs)
(17-10-2014, 06:29 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]Camtasia can only desktop capture and it's pretty shitty for videogame footage (low max fps, inefficient codecs)

What do you mean by desktop capture? I use it to record all of my gaming with PlayStation emulators.