The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Fundraising idea - kickstarter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes I know that it's not free money. For people that use Kickstarter they offer incentives for those who fund whatever it is they are doing. I like those who are a part of these forums still miss MXO and it's a damn shame that there not another MMO like it out there.
Maybe you guys could make one. I am sure a lot of fans would try to help out for free, at least at first. If you were able to make a lot of money maybe it could be on steam and you could make even more from it. I found a list of games that began on kickstarter and are on steam
http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Kic...ewReleases
Money can't be involved with MxO development at all, except donations to help with the cost of running servers, which is already in place (see the front page). Since it's someone else's IP, MxO must always be free. The best way to help out is to help out with the UE4 development.

As far as making a game completely from scratch, that's a neat idea but it would be an insurmountably gigantic undertaking. All of the original MxO's client assets are being imported to the UE4 engine version, so all of the animation and modelling and mapping and texturing is already done. It will be the same Mega City we had before, but now much more flexible (and probably much better looking).
(10-11-2014, 02:03 PM)bitbomb Wrote: [ -> ]Money can't be involved with MxO development at all, except donations to help with the cost of running servers, which is already in place (see the front page). Since it's someone else's IP, MxO must always be free.

bitcoin donations?
There's a paypal button on the front page.
I don't run any ads or spam any donation button on the forums because that's just not how I roll.
Pages: 1 2