The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Matrix franchise revival
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A reboot of the Matrix franchise is inevitable, in one way or another be it video games, novels, comics, anime or movies. The Matrix will be back, what is everybody's theory as to when and what form it may come back full force? I personally feel like The Matrix is this generations Star Wars and we will have another trilogy sometime in the next 15 years.
That would be really nice, but I will not hold my breath.
I hate to agree with the Agent above me (damn machines...lol) But horsepants, wishful thinking IMO.

The franchise itself didn't stick as well as Star Wars.

I fit an overall and generalist template that this franchise attracts and it seems to carry over to a lot of MXO players I met through the years and also friends in RL.

I'm 29 year old IT professional who loves conspiracy theories enjoys discussions about religion,technology, politics and science in general of any kind, I also love sci-fi movies and heavy/dark rock, my favorite colors are green and black and I am a very opinionated person when it comes to topics that I feel strongly about.

There just isn't enough followers for the franchise to start up..And I do hope I'm wrong when I say that.

oh yeah, I also enjoy quiet walks on the beach....Heart
The reason why I think a reboot is so inevitable is because everything the Wachowskis have touched besides The Matrix trilogy has failed and I think if they are to continue to make high budget films eventually Warner Brothers will request them to make another film from the franchise that grossed them over 1 billion internationally.
I think it is inevitable, too. I think it will come back in film, but a few things will have to be done first. The Wachowskis will probably have to generate that Wachowski-mania that there was after the first Matrix movie with another well-done film. I didn't enjoy Speed Racer, but I wasn't a fan so it's hard to judge. It looked to me like a flop. I loved V for Vendetta but I haven't seen Ninja Assassin yet. Hopefully it was good.

Also, they will have to write a very good Matrix movie. Something confusing like Reloaded and Revolutions (The Architect scene and the Oracle talks) will not draw people back to the theaters and I don't think it will draw the actors they'll need to generate the Matrix buzz again. Keep in mind, Laurence Fishburne is highly regarded as an actor and he said he signed on to do the sequels before reading the scripts. The critics said something to the effect of "It's painful to watch such an actor have to say this crap" in regards to Morpheus' speech to Zion. And it's true. I'm glad he returned as Morpheus and I'm glad he didn't read the script before agreeing.

So coming off a successful film will favor the Brothers for another Matrix film and a solid script that will draw good actors and mainstream audience to the theaters is what I think they will need to do another. Then will come the comics and animated movies.
(21-12-2009, 04:44 AM)horsepants416 Wrote: [ -> ]The reason why I think a reboot is so inevitable is because everything the Wachowskis have touched besides The Matrix trilogy has failed and I think if they are to continue to make high budget films eventually Warner Brothers will request them to make another film from the franchise that grossed them over 1 billion internationally.

Speed Racer was pretty cool, tbh. So...

[Image: 2nssva.jpg]
I would be ok as long as morpheus appears on the movie. and not just a cameo (xD).

Imagine a emu cameo in the movie... r o f l
Speed Racer was amazing I was a huge fan of the flick, BUT! It was a big financial flop and was completely over shadowed by Indiana Jones and Iron Man. Ninja Assassin didn't do to well either. =[ Dark days for the Wachowskis
Speed Racer was a complete disaster box office wise. I personally thought it was crap.

I feel the opposite when it comes to the Wachowski brothers. They had their time but lately their movies haven't been doing so well. Hollywood demands that directors keep producing hits, if the director(s) fail to do this too many times they tend to either be forgotten about start directing B movies with the money coming from their own pocket.

I don't see The Matrix getting a reboot anytime soon. The Matrix really was beaten to death when it came to hype and parodies, i think that most people are still pretty sick of The Matrix.

Revolutions did leave a bit of an opening for a sequal, but at the same time Revolutions didn't do very well in the box office either, only half of what Reloaded brought in (box office total).

I just don't see a reboot happening in the near future.
I feel the problem with the last 2 Matrix films was the rushed production and poor marketing decisions. They filmed and wrote them both at the same time and released them both in the same year. Majority of the public doesn't have any real interest in seeing two films from the same franchise in the same year and some probably wouldn't even know if it was a sequel or just a re-release of the Matrix film from earlier that year. I feel if they took their time and lets say released the third film sometime in the last 3 years we would have had a better end to the trilogy and there would be plenty of steam for both the franchise and the Wachowskis.

Still I think a reboot is inevitable and will be sooner than much later just based off of how much money the franchise made WB. Plenty of franchises take a sleeper for 10-15 years then come back with another film and those are franchises that didn't bring anywhere near the amount of money and hype as The Matrix.
Pages: 1 2