The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: MxO in VR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!

Some of you may remember me. Anyway, I heard rumor someone is attempting to port MxO assets to UE4. If this is done, I would like to recommended using the integrated VR SDK to make it compatible with the upcoming Oculus Rift (virtual reality). Not only do I think that would be very appealing to old MxOers, but I know VR enthusiasts would love to be able to walk around in such a detailed environment based on the Matrix!

Also I have a DK2 if you need someone to test it for you Smile
But it's a third person clicky thing.
If you have the DK2 you know conventional input methods dont work.
(18-08-2015, 12:13 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]But it's a third person clicky thing.
If you have the DK2 you know conventional input methods dont work.
If building in UE4, you can just set the camera to the eyes of the character. Getting the mouse cursor to work in 3D might be a chore - it might be easier to implement WASD or controller binds for basic movement. Yes, you wouldn't have all the elements of the game, but I assumed most elements of the game weren't going to exist anyway.

Basically it would be a way to view the world in VR and walk around. Even in third person mode it would be pretty cool. Done right, third person clicky things look amazing in VR (BlazeRush is a great example of this).
but the whole game is not designed for VR yes ue4 has compatible plugins , and yes you could map your mouse for the camera look but your constantly pointing and clicking on various things during combat it just wouldn't be practical ,if your wanting the mxo vr experience you could always put the models and maps in to ue4 or unity drop in a player controller and wander round as only a striped down version of mxo would work for vr .
(18-08-2015, 01:40 AM)Tbone Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all!

Some of you may remember me. Anyway, I heard rumor someone is attempting to port MxO assets to UE4. If this is done, I would like to recommended using the integrated VR SDK to make it compatible with the upcoming Oculus Rift (virtual reality). Not only do I think that would be very appealing to old MxOers, but I know VR enthusiasts would love to be able to walk around in such a detailed environment based on the Matrix!

Also I have a DK2 if you need someone to test it for you Smile

I do remember you old friend!!! Still have not figured out how the emulator works as soon as I do I will make sure that Insurgence members know how to access. Still in contact with Hydrazine, Athena and the others. Zion UP!