The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Launching MXO through Steam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So for some odd reason MXO crashes running via Steam. I had it working before so I really don't know why it's doing this now.

My guess my OS is too new or something else is screwed up and Steam hates UAC and Run as Admin when it comes to launching games via Steam as your status goes back to Online instead of In-Game.

If theres a few solutions, I wanted MXO ran through steam for the Overlay and I hate running the game in Window Mode.

I will be giving a few things a try. I also had a old MXO Installion before my format still there might try using that instead of the fresh install.

Update: So appearantly the old MXO I had setup for MXO Emu is dead, So that's no longer a reason to use it.

Update 2: So I offically given up, I know I can run it without steam and in a window mode but some of us want fullscreen+steam sense the game has no borderless window mode, I might as welll just wait until MXO's Assets are fully ported to Unreal 4 that way its under a more modern system and problems like these are eliminated.

If there is any fix let me know I will give another go.
You're adding it as a non-steam shortcut, right?

That won't always work. It's just throwing an overlay over the shortcut itself, and because Mixo uses a launcher then later launches the game (a separate .exe from the launcher PLUS it's old), it's likely not gonna work.
The launcher immediately relaunches from a different location (so that the launcher can be patched if required) so that's probably why it goes back to Online immediately afterwards.
(04-11-2016, 02:30 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]The launcher immediately relaunches from a different location (so that the launcher can be patched if required) so that's probably why it goes back to Online immediately afterwards.

Hmmm, Alright thanks for the info. Its rather funny that it worked last time. This was like when you was able to use the native launcher than the custom one. So yea strange.
(04-11-2016, 01:15 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]You're adding it as a non-steam shortcut, right?

That won't always work. It's just throwing an overlay over the shortcut itself, and because Mixo uses a launcher then later launches the game (a separate .exe from the launcher PLUS it's old), it's likely not gonna work.

Yup I was adding it as a Non-Steam Game. It did work before but not anymore, Ah well just wanted to show all my friends what I was playing. XD

One of them was sooo interested he asked me to let him know when mxo gets fully ported to the Unreal 4 which will be worth the wait.

Anyways, If I do conjur up another attempt to make it work I will but I will not at the moment.

I don't know what I did to make it work in the first place. *Shrug*