The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: I can't believe I found this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I played The Matrix Online once, and only once, I loved it, but my computer broke, and I never got around to redownloading it, after a couple years, I finally redownloaded it, next week the servers get shut down, I was so sad, but now, It's back, may not be official but it is back! This was a great day for me.
(29-11-2016, 04:36 AM)Coltman2004 Wrote: [ -> ]I played The Matrix Online once, and only once, I loved it, but my computer broke, and I never got around to redownloading it, after a couple years, I finally redownloaded it, next week the servers get shut down, I was so sad, but now, It's back, may not be official but it is back! This was a great day for me.

Welcome to the post-mxo community! Its too bad you didn;t get to play the live version much. The emulator is not operational and there is no "content". Its great for nostalgia. I hope you can find some enjoyment in it, too.
Will it be fully functionable one day? Even if that takes years?
(29-11-2016, 11:37 PM)Coltman2004 Wrote: [ -> ]Will it be fully functionable one day? Even if that takes years?

It's doubtfull. I think Rajkosto, the emu developer, got most of the source code, but not all of it. Plus, he is working on it in spare time.
Alright, thanks.
I just think it's awesome that anyone is working on it at all. I will never forget the impact this game had on me.
I didn't "get" any of the source code, I had to recreate all of it, 1.8MB of text written by hand so far for this project (doesn't count UE4 game source)