The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Radio Free Zion songs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow, blast from the Mortal Kombat soundtrack past.
(20-02-2017, 04:13 PM)Othinn Wrote: [ -> ]I remember them playing the song "Juke Joint Jezebel" whenever their stream dropped. Thanks to that, I always associate that song with RFZ.

DJSundog was one of the main DJs there, and he even got his name in one of the critical missions. It was on that list of operatives the Assassin had killcode bullets for.

And if I remember correctly, RFZ is the main reason we have an in-game radio. During beta, most people would use another media program to listen to the station, so the devs decided to make it easier on us all.

Yeah... That song is still good. I've listened through the whole soundtrack of the matrix trilogy. It surely was awesome back then to dance in game to songs like dragula...
(29-01-2017, 10:55 AM)NEOtec Wrote: [ -> ]THX for the screen. The Site isnt functioning , but at least i See how it looked Back then.
P.S: i've commented under their YouTube Channel they have their commercial on... Lets See if someone from the Old Team sees it

Reading between the lines here but you can use Archive.org to see what was playing at RFZ when the archive was taken.

http://web.archive.org/web/2004060100000...eezion.com

December 04 to late Feb 05 has it's tracks shown. It's not much but it should give you some idea.
(24-01-2017, 10:49 PM)pr0sper0 Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC, when SOE took over the game, they dropped any connection with the RFZ, though the RFZ crew reached out to them. It withered after that. Previous to SOE, I remember the radio add-in on the options bar was for RFZ.

I suppose in principle one could adapt it for streaming, I mean, if you wanted to listen to NPR while you're playing or something...

Quote:Hey

I used to DJ for RadioFreeZion when we were running back in November 04. Basically, a few months after we started running, Sundog, our leader at the time, disappeared and took down the IRC, website and streams all in one day.

We have no idea why he did this, but he did. The remaining members of RFZ, not wanting to stop DJing, formed Awakened Radio which was run under the umbrella company "Thinking Man Broadcasting". TMS decided to expand, starting SWGradio and a few other projects, before then buying out the group that owned "MMOradio.com". They then merged all their previous stations into MMO, and some RFZ/Awakened DJs are still there now.

So there you go, a brief(ish) history of RFZ

DJ Tirant

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/110...-free-zion
(16-03-2017, 07:16 AM)Aquilae Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-01-2017, 10:49 PM)pr0sper0 Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC, when SOE took over the game, they dropped any connection with the RFZ, though the RFZ crew reached out to them. It withered after that. Previous to SOE, I remember the radio add-in on the options bar was for RFZ.

I suppose in principle one could adapt it for streaming, I mean, if you wanted to listen to NPR while you're playing or something...

Quote:Hey

I used to DJ for RadioFreeZion when we were running back in November 04. Basically, a few months after we started running, Sundog, our leader at the time, disappeared and took down the IRC, website and streams all in one day.

We have no idea why he did this, but he did. The remaining members of RFZ, not wanting to stop DJing, formed Awakened Radio which was run under the umbrella company "Thinking Man Broadcasting". TMS decided to expand, starting SWGradio and a few other projects, before then buying out the group that owned "MMOradio.com". They then merged all their previous stations into MMO, and some RFZ/Awakened DJs are still there now.

So there you go, a brief(ish) history of RFZ

DJ Tirant

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/110...-free-zion

Cant reach the site...
A bit of a thread necro here, but I was an RFZ DJ as well - along with my wife Shatterstar.

Good times. The game was way, way better when the live event team still existed. And RFZ of course made the immersion even better.

It was fun being a part of it.
RFZ DJ putting my hand up. Used to do midday (GMT)/graveyard (any American timezone) shifts when I was at University. Even did one set hungover and being sick into a bucket.

Great times!

EDIT: If MxO server development continues, I'd love to do one last set in the club...Club Parallaxis if I remember rightly?
(17-10-2020, 09:30 PM)Prestwick Wrote: [ -> ]RFZ DJ putting my hand up. Used to do midday (GMT)/graveyard (any American timezone) shifts when I was at University. Even did one set hungover and being sick into a bucket.

Great times!

EDIT: If MxO server development continues, I'd love to do one last set in the club...Club Parallaxis if I remember rightly?

You should write up some of your memories and experiences from RFZ; many people would enjoy reading it. Whatever happened to SunDog? He just seemed to evaporate.
(25-02-2019, 01:22 PM)ModemMisuser Wrote: [ -> ]A bit of a thread necro here, but I was an RFZ DJ as well - along with my wife Shatterstar.

Good times. The game was way, way better when the live event team still existed. And RFZ of course made the immersion even better.

It was fun being a part of it.

You should write up some of your memories and experiences from RFZ; many people would enjoy reading it. Whatever happened to SunDog? He just seemed to evaporate.
Pages: 1 2