The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Matrix Franchise Reboot Announced!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone! So if you haven't heard the news, it looks like The Matrix is being rebooted by Warner Brothers! They're in super early talks, but have already looked into a screenwriter for the treatment, and possible talent for lead roles.

So....

Could this mean we may get Rajko an executive position on the SOE dev team to get a legitimate Matrix Online back up and running? Perhaps we can get Raj to spearhead the development of a UE4 build of a Sony hosted game? This could be huge news...

Link to report:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vi...ros-986292
I am alittle upset they are trying to "reboot" The Matrix. Unless they are making another movie *after* the trilogy I am simply upset. I know the movie is older but it just doesn't feel like it needs a reboot.
(16-03-2017, 08:03 PM)DeaconBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I am alittle upset they are trying to "reboot" The Matrix. Unless they are making another movie *after* the trilogy I am simply upset. I know the movie is older but it just doesn't feel like it needs a reboot.

So from what I've read, they're not "remaking" the original film, but rather they've taken interest in the expanded Universe model of Star Wars, and are pursuing something like that. Personally, I can't wait.
(16-03-2017, 08:12 PM)The None Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-03-2017, 08:03 PM)DeaconBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I am alittle upset they are trying to "reboot" The Matrix. Unless they are making another movie *after* the trilogy I am simply upset. I know the movie is older but it just doesn't feel like it needs a reboot.

So from what I've read, they're not "remaking" the original film, but rather they've taken interest in the expanded Universe model of Star Wars, and are pursuing something like that. Personally, I can't wait.

Welllll in that case I am STOKED!
Beware, it might end up like the ghostbusters reboot...
(17-03-2017, 12:43 AM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]Beware, it might end up like the ghostbusters reboot...

Oh God pls no
(17-03-2017, 01:00 AM)DeaconBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-03-2017, 12:43 AM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]Beware, it might end up like the ghostbusters reboot...

Oh God pls no

HELL NO
Well, Trinity died, and Lawrence Fishburne has not been making Morpheus-like moves in 15+ years... so I'm thinking it'll be a new set of characters, which could be great. Keanu Reeves still carries himself very well in a gunfight.

Other stories in an "expanded universe" could be great. The original film already introduced the "world" and presented a character growing into himself and his abilities; I hope we can avoid a repetition of that.
(17-03-2017, 11:58 AM)pr0sper0 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, Trinity died, and Lawrence Fishburne has not been making Morpheus-like moves in 15+ years... so I'm thinking it'll be a new set of characters, which could be great. Keanu Reeves still carries himself very well in a gunfight.

Other stories in an "expanded universe" could be great. The original film already introduced the "world" and presented a character growing into himself and his abilities; I hope we can avoid a repetition of that.

Agreed on that. But, remember that "the one" happens in every iteration of the Matrix, and that they always come from an unplugged human. So, naturally, the person who is unplugged that finds themselves as "the one" will *need* to go through some sort of "realizing their power" struggle before they have the one's abilities.

That said...it could go one of a few ways.

-A prequel showcasing one of the Animatrix stories (if the writers are lazy and can't come up with an original story)
-A movie showing the 7th version of the Matrix with a new "The One"
-A movie showing the 6.5th version of the Matrix, and Revolutions ended in not a "reboot" of the Matrix, but the code corrected itself when Neo and Smith died.
-Neo is brought back in the 7th version of the Matrix because of the residual self image, and he's the 7th One. Frankly, I'd be okay with this -- Keanu is still badass.
(17-03-2017, 06:19 PM)The None Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-03-2017, 11:58 AM)pr0sper0 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, Trinity died, and Lawrence Fishburne has not been making Morpheus-like moves in 15+ years... so I'm thinking it'll be a new set of characters, which could be great. Keanu Reeves still carries himself very well in a gunfight.

Agreed on that. But, remember that "the one" happens in every iteration of the Matrix, and that they always come from an unplugged human. So, naturally, the person who is unplugged that finds themselves as "the one" will *need* to go through some sort of "realizing their power" struggle before they have the one's abilities.

That said...it could go one of a few ways.

-A prequel showcasing one of the Animatrix stories (if the writers are lazy and can't come up with an original story)
-A movie showing the 7th version of the Matrix with a new "The One"
-A movie showing the 6.5th version of the Matrix, and Revolutions ended in not a "reboot" of the Matrix, but the code corrected itself when Neo and Smith died.
-Neo is brought back in the 7th version of the Matrix because of the residual self image, and he's the 7th One. Frankly, I'd be okay with this -- Keanu is still badass.

Perhaps John Wick discovers he is the One...
Pages: 1 2