The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Happy 18th Matrix!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
18 years ago today I was at Manns Chinese Theater in Hollywood ,CA about to have my mind blown away.
I had seen all of the trailers and intentionally went to see movies just to see them on the big screen. Little did I know what a profound life changing experience I was about to have.
I smoked a joint, pounded a six pack and walked into a world famous theatre not knowing that when I walked out afterwards the world in my eyes would be forever changed. The Matrix had me! I was compelled to question everything. Albeit fiction, the Wachowskis , and what they had concocted, would be something that would be a force in my life for the next 18 years. The wonder, the fantasy, the absolute sheer brilliance to this day still makes my heart pound.
Then, in walked our simulation......The Matrix Online. Hundreds of hours, a ton of friends I still communicate with to this day. This universe is far more than just a WHOA!
Its in my DNA. Nothing has or will replace the pure badthefuckassness of what we all love and yearn for to be revived.

Had to post this. I'm getting so sentimental I'm almost in tears.

Thank you for this feeling I have you Wachowski geniuses! Your dreams have truly touched the lives of so many, especially those a part of this ongoing revival.

We love you!

Spank Spank and ONE to grow on!

Sincerely

Neopill
<Deathstalkers>
Syntax Server
Beta till now.
Love it!

I remember the trailer and the question: What is the Matrix? I was in college and movies were sponsored by the student association, so they were $1. I went with my friend and walking in to the theatre we met a kid who was leaving. We asked him what movie he was watching. He said he was walking out of the Matrix cuz it was stupid and terrible and made no sense.

We should have known better, neither of us liked the kid. So we watched some other movie.

Later that summer, I was at another friend's house and he was talking about the Matrix. Of course he was shocked I hadn't seen it yet, so he threw in the dvd.

The rest is history.
My story isn't very impressive. I recall seeing commercials for The Matrix and thinking "Hmm, that might be interesting. I'll watch it when it comes out on cable." I have nothing against going to a movie theater, but most of the time I'm patient enough to wait until either a home video or cable release.

However, a couple of friends of mine invited me to see the movie with them not long after its release. So I figured "Why not?"
You are not alone. mXo was my very first MMO game and another game down the future will NEVER compare to this title. I started my first character on Proxy and I never looked back after that.

In 2005, after spending time with Mercury Network, I took a 5 month hiatus, I then returned to see that my home server Proxy was no longer a server so I started fresh and found a group that aligned with my a Machine loyalty in Tetragrammaton. I had a good run with these individuals, but after awhile, I realized it may of not been the group for me as I was a more headstrong member. At that point, I left and hopped from the Watchmen and others and then finally I joined the Cypherite group - "The Blue Order" with Kellner, Piro and others. Eventually they moved on while I continued to strive down Cypers path by helping create Insomnia Diversion. i generally considered this the near end days of the RP Cypherite clique. After awhile, I hopped from smaller Cypherite group to another until I realized that the downhill of the game was upon us so I started to get more PVP oriented. I used the last of my services in the MxO in Merovingian factions and on the last day, I was part of Consequence.

But I will say that I had an old friend in Tetragrammaton from years previous who low key decided to give me access to what I thought was the defunct "Mercury Network" which was my first first faction. So my story really went round circle when I joined that faction on my alt.
Well I missed this completely,
Glad to see people still around, The fact old friends still kicking like NeoPill and Kenna

I remember the first time I logged in Beta, Until a few months before the close was my last day on Matrix all the good friends gained and those Lost for one reason or another.

It was a blast And Kenna it was great seeing flag Merv - Consequence in the end

That faction goes down as one of the top two I ran in my gaming history First is from Ultima Online. But the people in matrix where better by leaps and bounds.

I remember my first pvp matchs against Semi, Pharroh, So3, Bofa, Some Zion that starts with a G.. and Sky something or another .. Smile

And the funny interations messing with tetra one hard line over for Tabor park west.

haven't been able to play another MMO like that in long time that left that kind of community and impact.

Ah and the roleplayers .. So many good stories I don't think I could retell them well enough to do them Justice .
(01-04-2017, 07:44 PM)Othidnn Wrote: [ -> ]Well I missed this completely,
Glad to see people still around, The fact old friends still kicking like NeoPill and Kenna

I remember the first time I logged in Beta, Until a few months before the close was my last day on Matrix all the good friends gained and those Lost for one reason or another.

It was a blast And Kenna it was great seeing flag Merv - Consequence in the end

That faction goes down as one of the top two I ran in my gaming history First is from Ultima Online. But the people in matrix where better by leaps and bounds.

It's crazy to think it's been over 18 years since Matrix was released. I was so blown away by the first movie. I literally went in blind, zero expectations.
18 years? I guess I can now marry my Matrix DVD without it being weird.