The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Using MXOEMU on Mac via wine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I have a mac and I downloaded the launcher and I'm able to run it rather smoothly. My account has not be registered, since i can't get passed the EULA page. When ever I click ACCEPT, I get this pop up

Patch system error (result code -47)

URL open failed. Patch servers down or internet connection problem.

And on the launcher it self it says

Launch version: v7.5668
Client version: v7.5668

Received unexpected result code from patcher (0)

Thing is, i downloaded the patch and (I'm pretty sure) put it in the right folder. Is there a possible way to fix this? Or am I just wasting my time?

I can supply pictures if I need to.
MxO doesn't work via WINE sorry
You can run it (at low fps) via VMWare Workstation/Fusion on Windows XP though (best to have rd3d_disable.txt in the folder then).
(17-05-2017, 03:01 PM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]MxO doesn't work via WINE sorry
You can run it (at low fps) via VMWare Workstation/Fusion on Windows XP though (best to have rd3d_disable.txt in the folder then).

I have been having this exact problem, completely identical situation, but I'm running it on 32-bit Windows 10. I believe I extracted everything correctly, very confused...
Sorry to Necro a long-dead thread, but for those still looking to do this, it's possible to play MxO on Mac with CrossOver:

1. Install CrossOver (there's a 14-day trial if you don't want to buy it)
2. Create a bottle for MxO
3. Download the MxO zip file from the MxOEmu homepage (and register a login if you haven't already)
4. Either
a) navigate to the C: drive by right-clicking on the bottle and copy the contents of the zip file to anywhere (a folder) on the C: drive
-OR-
b) click "Install Windows Application" and choose the contents of the zip file as your installer directory
5. Via "Install Windows Application" install DirectX 9 (search for DirectX for Modern Games)
6. Via "Install Windows Application" install Direct Music (search for Direct Music)
7. Navigate to the C: drive by right-clicking on the bottle
8. Go to the folder you installed MxO to and double click on Launcher.exe
9. Login
10. Voila!
Keep in mind that the graphics are messed up (fullbright, weird models) unless you use dxvk on wine, which isnt available on Mac because no vulkan