The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Congratulations!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!!

I wanna say a big thanks to the founder of that emulator.

Back in time i always dreamed about a multiplayer matrix game. Unfortunately i never had the opportunity to play the Matrix Online when it was on.

Too bad they closed the servers...that game had so much potential!!

And now i've heard that someone, a huge fan, managed to make it back alive and i was hyped like never Smile

I tried it couple of hours...unfortunately nothing works yet but we can at least explore the game and hyper jump Big Grin

Seriously i can easily imagine how hard it can be to rebuild everything on his own...read the code lines and try to figure it out...i wanna thank you for trying to make things work for all the Matrix fans all over the world that are waiting to play an awesome multiplayer experience together.

Cheers from a huge fan of Matrix and your work, wishing you good luck for the next Smile

Cheers!!
I feel the same way! I'm so glad The Matrix is alive and well. But the People want it done. Imaginative modders need to be brought in to finish it.
I don't know. 9 years. We received a great update at the beginning of 2017. At one point, another project actually had NPC's at Mara C. Ive asked repeatedly for a pre-alpha type release from Rajkosto, to no avail we are perpetually stuck in this seemingly endless loop of what we used to call, "the simulation".
Ah yeah, MxOSource was good times. Super unstable, ridiculous code, and had to be fixed by Rajko in order to compile. But we still had extremely rudimentary combat (including the ability to level up), gangs in different areas, buddy list, and other stuff. But it was so ridiculously unstable that it was bound to end. I rewrote a bunch of the code that I couldn't believe even half-worked in the first place. But this was during a time where Rajko was on a long hiatus from the project, so it gave people something to do. It was nothing like Hardline Dreams' mob infested clusterfuck, I don't know exactly what their objective is there. It seems like something that was only tested on a LAN, so of course is pretty useless over the internet. Too bad MxOSource's DB got completely FUBAR and wasn't really able to be brought back to life, but at least at that point Rajko was motivated to make some serious progress.

Rajko's got tons on his plate, hopefully he'll get the fire again for Mixo and we'll see more developments. I'm going out of my mind wondering what kind of stuff he could pull off using the UE4 client instead of the extremely restrictive (not to mention broken) original game client.
UE4 Client? Is that a better game engine? One concern is the outdated graphics of the original. But I bet Rajko is working on it.
Here are some random development screenshots using Unreal Engine 4. Rajko imported all the game assets, so it's all the same models and textures and animations, just looks much nicer in a modern engine.

http://mxoemu.info/forum/showthread.php?tid=2207