The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Hello - is this still real? Can I jack in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

just would like to know, wether it makes sense to log in. I have still the old launcher and the game is still installed - but this was about 2014 or so, when I tried the last time. Guess I have to do an update?

I had probs to log in in the last years, though my char definately exist...
Hello

Best to check the FAQ. Or simply follow the instructions on the main page that basically tells you what's new and launcher updates.
As far as making sense to log in. You can basically do everything but missions and combat. Hyperjump works and you can interact with things
Here is a link that'll get you started with a lot of the things you can do. Unfortunately it's outdated, some things that this guide describes as not working actually work now (hyperjump and hyperspeed for example). A new guide is in the works. Right now you can basically explore the entire city using hardlines, subways, teleport doors, and archivist proxies. Doors and elevators work. You can use commands to change your RSI to story characters, play animations and effects, etc. The guide's images were hosted on Photobucket which recently decided to hold everyone's images for ransom, but you should be able to get the hang of things without them.

http://mxoemu.info/forum/showthread.php?tid=2243

Also the MxO discord is in my signature, there are usually people hanging around there.
I thought that evenue the Emu was shut down. I was telling some friends about this and read an article dated 10/17 to find out its still going. Just being updated. Hope to see this going again soon.
I am so glad to hear that this is still under development. I cannot wait to be able to jack in again.
You can jack in at any time, Rukushin. The current emulator allows you to explore the city, hyperjump and chat with anyone else who is jacked in. Just no combat, missions or NPCs yet.
i want to play do people still play
Occasionally, people will be jacked in. Check the "User Distribution" window on the main page. If anyone is online, it'll tell you which district they're in.
I jack in pretty much daily, hyperjump around, soak up the ambiance, sometimes others stop by and we chat it up. It's my favorite city that doesn't exist.