The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Is there any way to turn off the near-constant snow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I'm currently writing an article on the world design and aesthetics of The Matrix Online. Over the past week or so I've been logging on and taking screenshots all around the city, but I'm often stymied by the frequent snowfall effect that seems to come and go. I only played the live game a few times toward the end of its life, but I don't think it snowed this much when I was playing. In fact, I think it was more of a special occurrence during holiday events. The snow is cute but it makes every screenshot I take look very samey - not to mention the piece I'm writing is about the game's depiction of urban decay, and the snow kind of gets in the way of that.

I've been tinkering with the graphics options but it seems like this is a server-controlled thing, unless I've missed something. Does it come and go on a schedule I can work around?

Thanks!
The snow is a seasonal thing controlled server-side, but you can make the snow less dense or turn it off altogether by going to Options (or hit \), select Advanced, and use the 'Weather Detail' slider on the left. All the way down will turn it off completely.

EDIT: Also the weather stuff was likely on a calendar schedule during live, but I think the seasonal stuff is changed manually in the server emulator. Not sure, only Rajko can speak to that.
There, i turned off the snow.
Aww, I like the snow! Sad
(01-07-2018, 02:20 AM)ID_Error Wrote: [ -> ]Aww, I like the snow! Sad

Me, too! Don't worry; it'll come back. Many good times running mishes through the snow.
Maybe there's a random sky rotation so we get a little bit of everything? Big Grin