The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Failed to create a copy of the launcher.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Just tried to install the client. I've copied over the new patch and have registered, but I get the following message whenever I try to launch the game.

When loading Launcher.
"Failed to create a copy of the launcher or a critical support library for patching. If you have a file called Matrix.exe in your game directory, please make sure it is writable."

There is a file called Matrix.exe . When trying to load that...
"Another instance of the game is already running. Try closing all instances of launcher.exe and matrix.exe and restart the game."

From what I can tell, there's no instances running on either. I've given admin access to both files, they both seem to have read/write enabled, but still no luck. I'm running Windows 10 so there could be an issue there.

Anyone else had problems like this? Tried searching the forums but haven't seen anything like it, thanks.
You may have already done this....make sure to run the application as administrator.
(29-07-2018, 07:51 PM)pr0sper0 Wrote: [ -> ]You may have already done this....make sure to run the application as administrator.

Yeah, already tried changing those settings on both files but no joy. Worth a shot anyway,thanks!
Looks like the patch for whatever reason didn't copy over properly. Seems to be working now.
(29-07-2018, 10:00 PM)DanteC Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the patch for whatever reason didn't copy over properly. Seems to be working now.

Excellent; welcome to MegaCity!