The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: MxoEmu Easy Setup (Unofficial)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To streamline the process for newbies a bit, I created an "easy setup" using Nullsoft Scriptable Install System and compressed with lzma. The setup file is ~1.7GB. It is a little larger than the 7-zip archive but it's already up-to-date, creates optional start menu and desktop shortcuts, and requires no extraction tools or extra effort from the user. Just install, launch, and login!

MxoEmu_v7.6003_easy_setup-01.exe - 10-31-2018 Uploaded fixed version and new screenshot.
The setup will now install by default to your user profile directory (C:\Users\YourUsername) instead of Program Files. The game doesn't work well inside protected system directories, and my workaround turned out unsuccessful. Sorry about that. Sad Because of this change, the new setup doesn't have to ask for admin permissions, so that's a plus.

If you have the old installer you can just reinstall into a non-protected directory and start the game by running launcher.exe. You may also want to fix the shortcut in your start menu.

I'm attaching a screenshot to this post to show that it's somewhat legitimate, seeing as I haven't contributed anything to the community before, and I know downloading an executable from some random dude on the Internet might not seem too appealing. Maybe another user could test it out in a virtual machine and report back?
Welcome dude. Rajko will probably chime in, but this seems really cool. Im not a VM kinda guy so Im out for testing, but assuming its legit - Awesome!
Thank you for the welcome! I actually never played MxO back when it was alive. I only watched my brother play, so it'll be exciting to eventually get the full experience through this emulation project. Seems like the Matrix would be the perfect MMO setting now that I'm actually into that sort of thing.
Thank you so much dude. Appreciating your efforts .. Smile Smile
Thanks for that. I figured someone who likes MxO can't be that bad and ran the file. It installed fine. Defender squawked a bit but that's Defender. Anyway, for me when I run the launcher it crashes before I can see any green text. It might just be my Windows. I have another drive with MxO done the 'handraulic' way and it doesn't work for me either, that one goes a bit further though until Patch System Error URL open failed error code -47. Haven't been able to sus that out either. and RL keeps getting in way
This definitely a step up in convenience and fewer opportunities for things to go wrong; thanks for putting the effort into this.
(30-10-2018, 05:47 AM)LaMage Wrote: [ -> ]that one goes a bit further though until Patch System Error URL open failed error code -47. Haven't been able to sus that out either.
I might have a solution for you. So when you extracted MatrixOnline.7z, did you also extract 7.6003p_patcher.zip into the same folder? Assuming so, when I was creating this installer I remember running into that error code, just can't say exactly the reason why. If you still have the installed copy on your disk, try copying over _patchupcf.prev.zcf, _patchcf.prev.zcf, and patchctl.log (not sure why the log file is necessary) from the installed version into your extracted copy of the game files. That might bypass the update process.

Also, thank you for trying out the setup. While it worked fine testing on my computer (Windows 10 64-bit) I didn't have different configurations to try it out on. I hope it has worked or will work for most people, so they don't waste time with the download.

Super important edit: OK, so I screwed something up. The launcher shortcut I created, which is kind of crucial to make everything work "out of the box," is broken because it points to an absolute (and likely nonexistent) path instead of the path the user chooses during setup. Everything appeared to work during my testing because the shortcut was pointing to my 2nd copy of the files, which was outside Program Files. I'll upload a fixed version of the installer soon so no newbies download this and have a bad time.

Fixed version has been uploaded. It no longer installs to a system-protected folder. Even if my shortcut pointed to the correct place, you'd get a crash when the launcher tried to start the game. The only viable solution was just to abandon the idea of installing to Program Files. If anyone has the old installer and doesn't want to redownload, you can just reinstall the game to a folder that isn't protected, such as C:\Users\YourUsername. You also may want to fix the shortcut in your start menu to point to the location of launcher.exe.
(31-10-2018, 10:29 PM)seattlescape Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed version has been uploaded. It no longer installs to a system-protected folder. Even if my shortcut pointed to the correct place, you'd get a crash when the launcher tried to start the game. The only viable solution was just to abandon the idea of installing to Program Files. If anyone has the old installer and doesn't want to redownload, you can just reinstall the game to a folder that isn't protected, such as C:\Users\YourUsername. You also may want to fix the shortcut in your start menu to point to the location of launcher.exe.

Thank you for your earlier reply. Sadly I do not have originals of those 3 files you mentioned. I only have from the .7z archive

The computer gods (and RL getting in the way) are not shining on me.
When I open your link I am presented with

"Parameter objectIDs is missing or invalid"
when I get to
https://noerrorsfound.com/filebase/index.../&fileID=7
(07-11-2018, 08:39 AM)LaMage Wrote: [ -> ]When I open your link I am presented with

"Parameter objectIDs is missing or invalid"
when I get to
https://noerrorsfound.com/filebase/index.../&fileID=7
It looks like the &fileID=7 was the problem as it was still pointing to the old file which no longer exists. Just remove that and you're in business. I'll update the original post.
https://noerrorsfound.com/filebase/index...ix-online/
I have a problem my computer says it can find the correct version for my pc.