The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: 01 Mainframe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An Introduction

We understand there may be some confusion regarding our motivations and interests.
We are not strangers to the Matrix. Some of us have lived your lives. We understand the dangers and perils of the Matrix.

We have realized that while we are all leaves on separate branches, we are still part of the same tree. Those of us on this ship have left our pasts behind us and moved on to the future. We bear no animosity to the machines who carried us into the world, nor the people who brought us from that world to the next. We understand why the fight started and why it will continue, but we do not want it any longer. We are awakened anew.

There is a saying: "Ignorance makes a man, or woman, a slave." We seek to dispel this ignorance from our minds and our hearts. We wish to learn where you have come from, where you are, and where you are going. We wish to learn why you are here doing what you do. We wish to understand you, and through you, better understand ourselves.

Awakening was only the first step toward enlightenment.
~

At risk of becoming labeled as just another group of shady lowlifes in the Matrix (no offense to you fine ladies and gentlemen), I (Diced) have decided to take drastic action and establish a clearly defined portrait of our merry band of adventurers. Since some bold stalker took such great efforts to photograph our fine crew of scallywags, I figured why bother defining my own portrait, theirs shouldn't go to waste.
I just wish they had told me in advance... I really would have given them something to photograph. Wink

Our Objective:
Well, Kisoku and Caigne wrote such a lovely piece for the top of the page that I don't think much more explanation is necessary.
Of course, then I stop to think about the intellects of my newly acquired Matrix pals and I reconsider.
What's enlightenment? "The act or means of enlightening; The state of being enlightened." Some help dictionaries are. Anyways, *I* see enlightenment as a sort of mental/spiritual clarity. A real whammy. Like sitting at the table of life, drink in hand, and knowing exactly what cards you've got, and everybody else's got, and knowing exactly how to play your hand.
I used to roll with Zion. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. I just didn't sign on for any war with killer robots. I understood the fighting for survival thing, I just didn't want to be doing that all day every day until the day I kick the bucket. So I asked myself, what more is there to life? Virtual reality sucks, reality sucks, well... maybe third time's the charm.
Who says I can't free my mind again?

Our Other Objective:

Personally, I'd like to learn a little more about the scenic attractions of sector 915-4 of the Real. I imagine a snowy nuclear winter mountain resort, complete with personal gym, private spa, tennis courts, and heated indoor pool. If you're interested in learning less about spiritual fulfillment and more about physical rewards, and are excited about thermal image frags and strange map file uploads from mysterious locations in the Real to Zion chatbots, Click Here!
Seriously, if you're interested in those thermal image frags, I'd make sure to read that section. Especially the part I've marked as "The Challenge".

Recent News

Catch you on the flipside.
-Diced-

https://web.archive.org/web/200806300209...om/sk397m/