The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Tampering with SOE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It'd be nice if they did what they did to Full Point Bulletin and some other dev/publisher picks it up
well lets not forget that WB bought over Turbine!
@JackPipsam -- Yeah, I read that news as well. It sounds like a little ray of sunshine in the darkness. I mean, it is a hope.
Usually new gaming industries should have to keep an eye on old projects. But, who can know?

Anyway (as QuiDormit said long time ago) there's not any reason to expect somebody to restart the game, officially.
Also, after 2 years of 'block', it's difficult to revitalize people' interest -- thinking about the bad end of the game.
I wish so hard they SOE would try to do something with the license. I sadly never played the game before it was shut down and now it's been 2 years I really want to play a Matrix MMO. The community looked great, and no matter how was the pvp combat system, there's no other game like Matrix anyway.

I wanna play a Matrix MMO so bad. If only they had choose to try the F2P model.
Whenever I see someone say "Hey maybe they'll restart the game!" or "Maybe they'll give all the code to us so we can do it!" I immediately think of this Louis CK quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iicTW-PQ9...tu.be&t=19
(28-05-2013, 05:07 AM)Raccoon Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I see someone say "Hey maybe they'll restart the game!" or "Maybe they'll give all the code to us so we can do it!" I immediately think of this Louis CK quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iicTW-PQ9...tu.be&t=19

Pretty much, It would almost take a new movie , a different spin or massive reboot of the trilogy to get Enough hype to warrant and MXO reboot , and part of me wants to sit and corner in a tight ball afraid of what that Reboot would look like... IE SWG. via Knights. Open world , Theme park.

ugh...
As for the legalities to obtain the Mxo.. I am sure with out hiring a lawyer or something and spending few hundred thousand you will never find out why SOE won't even negotiate it's sale

It's dream of mine if I could ever land the 600 mil lottery .. Though I have better chances winning that then SOE ever letting go of MXO
I never had the chance to play the original mxo, since then I've been an avid gamer in my own right. When i learnt a matrix game had existed and i missed it, I was saddened. Then I discovered this and even though their is no combat at the moment I'm just so stoked to see how the mxo world looked, so thanks to the devs, hope you get the game to where you want it terms of completion. Hope that includes combat and missions at some point.
You'd actually have to obtain a license through WBIE. Upon obtaining such license and discussing the terms, you'd have to work out a profit sharing margin for what you and them would receive upon release of the game during sales and subscriptions.
Pages: 1 2 3