The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: The Agency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I believe they had "some" ability to manipulate the database, otherwise how could you explain CR2? or the massive nerfing SOE poured into once valuable dungeon drops.
item stats weren't stored in the db; they were in gameobjects.pkb and the server process had a copy as well. the database would just say 'player has x item'; the packmaps would define what that meant.

but yeah, they could edit the db, as was seen with XP and info and CQ near the end. I think it was more just a) laziness or b) they didn't know how to deal with complications, like making the new server have 9 characters per, or determining how to crush 9 characters into 3, how to migrate all the chat names to new ones that had valid soechat addresses, blah etc.
i'm with bay in the affirmations.

probably a mix of 1(bigger %) and 2 (soe connection must suck).
So are about 205 people's jobs. Crazy.

Inevitable but crazy.
I feel sorry for those who lost their jobs, I do. However, hasn't this been a long time coming with SOE and their business practices and crappy customer relations?
It's easy to say that, but it's harder to actually be the one losing your job because your company makes poor decisions.
And yet, Vanguard, which haven't had an update in a YEAR, is still around.
(01-04-2011, 09:43 PM)Aquilae Wrote: [ -> ]And yet, Vanguard, which haven't had an update in a YEAR, is still around.

I think SOE will be trimming down their MMO list very soon. The only games I think they'll save is DCUO, and Everquest. All the other games, Planetside, Vanguard, Star Wars Galaxies, etc. they'll all be shut down.
I think they'll keep SWG until at least TOR is released. As the only Star Wars MMO, they've got a little bit of a cash cow there for a little while longer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4