The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Anyone got this running on Arch Linux?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Installation and updating/patching works fine, but trying to run the game throws a D3D error for me. Anyone got any tips on how to get this going?
install dmusic and dxvk from winetricks
is it possible to run if i don't have a vulkan capable gpu?

my pc was built 4 years after the close of the game, i've tried in wine 9 as well as a winxp vm
there's no (original, i'm assuming) reason that it shouldn't be capable of running the graphics, but if there is some additional, new, required vulkan graphics stack that has been added..?

& just to be clear, what i'm directly asking is if it is impossible to get to run on older hardware (HD gfx 4k), because of some technical limitation | inherent / or imposed later by your work | and perhaps pointing out a path fwd in that route. Or am I SOL without a vulkan capable box?

note: i'm not asking in a 'waah raj you do this for me fix plz' sense, i'm trying understand the system architecture a little better so i can find a practical solution myself as a dev i need a point of entry & help others do the same
the wine d3d emulator that uses opengl isnt good enough to emulate the d3d9 API that mxo uses
it will work but all the graphics will be wrong
thats why i said to install dxvk, because that d3d emulator that uses vulkan is made by Valve for Proton and is MUCH better, the graphics look correct when using it.
also, MxO runs in VMWare workstation almost correctly in a XP VM when it's VMWare tools are installed and the 3d acceleration is enabled for the VM, you just get 1-5fps.