The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Trying to reactivate MXO with some ideas...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,
i already wrote an email to one of the lead game magazines of Germany. Called "Gamestar" (http://www.gamestar.de)
Maybe they can arrange another online publisher who can buy the rights of MXO. I also tell about the small but crazy community still loving MXO.
Then i will write another email to a german online publisher called "Reakktor Media" (http://www.reakktor.com). They are still publishing the mmorg "Neocron 2" (ng.neocron.com). Neocron starts in 2002. I have played it for more than 2 years. Then i switch to MXO in 2005. But i couldnt play MXO for long time. Had to cancel my account after 6 months because my job changed the working times. Now, Neocron is completly for free. All the old accounts were going to use for free. Also for new accounts:
Just create a trial account - download the Neocron2-Client and you can fully play Neocron without a timelimit. I tried to create a new account for my wife. It runs.
MXO and Neocron were the best mmorpg-time for me. I love these 2 games.
Maybe Reakktor Media is interesting to buy the rights of MXO. It would be more as a dream.
Sir, I applaud your efforts.

But beware some of the community here can be a bit....hostile towards reviving MxO or monetizing it.

I would know. Tongue

I still love you guyz though.
Reviving is not equal to monetizing, maybe Anarchy online - play for free (in-game ads supported ... you see ad posters and so on at places that otherwise exist game related ones) schema could work here, and could be difference that could made reviving possible.
Yea, you can write to the magazines if you want, but don't mention the Emu.
cool enough.

May work? i dunno.
Would be better if so, cause will be instant.

At the moment dunno what more to think about it... ^^.

Also, having a real server to see what goes on would be fun (again) hahaha. paaackets!.
The Ultimate Packet Opportunist= Morpheus LOL

Good idea! I considered the approach of a company buying the rights and running it but I didn't know who to contact regarding such a matter.
If you have some success with mailing...

This is from SOE copyright page:

The Matrix Online

THE MATRIX ONLINE, characters, names and all related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. WBIE LOGO, MONOLITH and MONOLITH LOGO: TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. SOE and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. The ratings icon is a registered trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. All rights reserved. All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
(s07)
There we have it. Officially owned by Warner. ALL OF IT! Smile SOES logo is all that I see trademarked by them there
(05-02-2010, 02:11 AM)Valaro Wrote: [ -> ]There we have it. Officially owned by Warner. ALL OF IT! Smile SOES logo is all that I see trademarked by them there

That's what I've been saying.

As I said somewhere else, I wouldn't be surprised if SOE shut it down because they were told to. Still, it doesn't matter who owns it, really. At this point, no one really owns it. It's ethereal. It's a ghost. It's buried.

What we are doing here is what matters most.
Maybe contacting members of the media would be a good idea to gain some sort of credible middle man and some publicity towards the cause, lets think about this guys. I think its not a half bad idea.
Pages: 1 2 3