The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Hyperjumping calculation (server part)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all.

Lets talk about something good.
Theory about how hyperjump works in the server part.

You all must have notices that hyperjump looks like a giant parabola. But how all that works?.

MATH CONTENT ALERT !![Image: math%2520chalkboard.jpg]MATH CONTENT ALERT !!

Pick an apple.

Then divide it by two.

If it has 2 seeds.. then plant 1 and eat the other.

This assures you that double seeded apples will grow too!

Morph.
(12-02-2010, 07:56 PM)Morpheus Wrote: [ -> ]MATH CONTENT ALERT !!

[Image: hs10eh.gif]
if you exploded with this, wait for the "how to know what clients will receive my chat" explanation...

This was pretty simple, to be honest...
(12-02-2010, 09:38 PM)Morpheus Wrote: [ -> ]if you exploded with this, wait for the "how to know what clients will receive my chat" explanation...

This was pretty simple, to be honest...

So, got the math - Im an engineer FFS, so no issues there for me Smile

SO, will you use the existing animation? Actually, it seemed like there were a couple of animations depending on how high you were/how long the fall was, but whatever.

Would be awesome to have hyper jump back for sure - but how about little jumps over things, jumping off roofs etc? Same calculation I'm guessing? This is fascinating for me, prio to the MxOEmu, I always assumed that all the jumps were client side things, not server....
Sexiest...post...EVER!
(12-02-2010, 09:49 PM)Bayamos Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno if you're using a library method or not, and I doubt it really matters since it's 3x3, but Gauss-Jordan is slower than Gauss/backsubstitution; I think it ends up introducing slightly less accurate results as well if you're using floating point. /shrug
Oh well i'm not a math boy, just tested with my knowledged, as matlab used Gauss/Jordan for my tests, then passed to python code to simulate in custom 3d. Did in Matlab, then checked if same a,b,c in pyth code.
Anyway, as long as you are able to pass and receive a matrix, code could work with the math function as a blackbox.
I would like to do benchmark with the one you mentioned though

(12-02-2010, 09:57 PM)Sixxth Wrote: [ -> ]So, got the math - Im an engineer FFS, so no issues there for me Smile

SO, will you use the existing animation? Actually, it seemed like there were a couple of animations depending on how high you were/how long the fall was, but whatever.

Would be awesome to have hyper jump back for sure - but how about little jumps over things, jumping off roofs etc? Same calculation I'm guessing? This is fascinating for me, prio to the MxOEmu, I always assumed that all the jumps were client side things, not server....
Client calculates if there is a building or crap like that. That's the red cross when you hyperjump or so targeting. I've never done it on real server but did on emu. Saw the flips and so.
Animations and that thing is what's sent by server, along the coords explained above.

Anyway, any question related or critics are welcome Tongue.

PS: at last! college maths serve for a purpose! XD
now do the untargeted hyperjump !
ctrl + space = random hell

But fascinating post Morph, I'm glad you can juggle those calculations.
i rebound mine to T
so i can just HJ everywhere, very useful, much faster than running if theres a lot of obstacles in between (like DT)
I almost never targeted when I used hyperjump, only targeted when it would say I could not jump
Pages: 1 2 3