The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Yeahhhh it reached meeee!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Wow seeing the case brings back some real cool memories. When I first got the MXO case I asked the guy at the store if it would run on my Gateway. Laughed right at my face and said the Gateway was a glorified Instant Messenger ( I had a real cheap one too). I didn't panic, a Tiger Direct was right across the street (one of the few that actually had a store). I grabbed the comp when i got home and tossed the case on the desk and went to Tiger Direct. One look at my computer and the tech said I would need a radical overhaul and it was going to take two days because the guy was swamped. Shit I even tried to bribe the guy to put mine on top of the list but no-go, he did thank me for the gesture though. That whole night all I could do is watch t.v. and every once in a while I would look at that damn box as it sat there mocking me. Morpheus looking right at me saying "this is what you get for being a cheap bastard and getting a crappy computer!" But I refused to open the box, not until my comp was ready.

Bribing, even an attempt at it sometimes pay off. Next morning I got a call from the tech saying to come pick up my computer. Totally different computer now. The casing was much bigger and the damn thing was a little more heavy. The tech gave me a rundown of the stuff he put in and added a few more things that he showed me and didn't put on the reciept (hint hint). After thanking him and making sure he got $50 extra for himself (well he did get the comp a day early) I rushed home and after hooking everything up...Then ..only then did i open the box. I looked with wide eyes at the disks and I could swear i heard angles singing as i tossed the first c.d in , then after a while the second and finally the third...yes! YES!!! I was soon to be in the Matrix!!! Then I got the message that I had to wait while the game was patching....for four hours...goddammit! Still it was a cool memory for me.
Sounds like a very cool memory indeed Big Grin
that was what i hated most, the damn patching.
My longest patch was the cr1-cr2 conversion......Worst wait for more reasons that simply time..

Sad

It was the beginning of the end really.
Meh, I forgot all about the patching...

...it was awful, just...awful.
I want the MxO T-shirt or Poster, I think those are the hardest collectibles.
(26-02-2010, 10:20 AM)8-Bit Wrote: [ -> ]I want the MxO T-shirt or Poster, I think those are the hardest collectibles.

you should see my t-shirt....

[Image: imag0006n.jpg]
(21-02-2010, 06:16 AM)Barloke Wrote: [ -> ]Wow seeing the case brings back some real cool memories. When I first got the MXO case I asked the guy at the store if it would run on my Gateway. Laughed right at my face and said the Gateway was a glorified Instant Messenger ( I had a real cheap one too). I didn't panic, a Tiger Direct was right across the street (one of the few that actually had a store). I grabbed the comp when i got home and tossed the case on the desk and went to Tiger Direct. One look at my computer and the tech said I would need a radical overhaul and it was going to take two days because the guy was swamped. Shit I even tried to bribe the guy to put mine on top of the list but no-go, he did thank me for the gesture though. That whole night all I could do is watch t.v. and every once in a while I would look at that damn box as it sat there mocking me. Morpheus looking right at me saying "this is what you get for being a cheap bastard and getting a crappy computer!" But I refused to open the box, not until my comp was ready.

Bribing, even an attempt at it sometimes pay off. Next morning I got a call from the tech saying to come pick up my computer. Totally different computer now. The casing was much bigger and the damn thing was a little more heavy. The tech gave me a rundown of the stuff he put in and added a few more things that he showed me and didn't put on the reciept (hint hint). After thanking him and making sure he got $50 extra for himself (well he did get the comp a day early) I rushed home and after hooking everything up...Then ..only then did i open the box. I looked with wide eyes at the disks and I could swear i heard angles singing as i tossed the first c.d in , then after a while the second and finally the third...yes! YES!!! I was soon to be in the Matrix!!! Then I got the message that I had to wait while the game was patching....for four hours...goddammit! Still it was a cool memory for me.

Quite touching memory indeed.
The one i had was a case with in a case so pointless but looked nice
I remember when I first ordered MxO and a MxO prepaid Card (I think it was 90 days). I had a crappy $500 computer and the only upgrade was a new video card. It was AWESOME! I still remember that day, I was in college and when I picked it up from the college post office, I ran back home to my dorm. I then ran out to the local computer store, brought my video card, ran back to my dorm room, installed MxO and joined in on all the laggy fun!
Pages: 1 2 3 4