The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Need help finding a file someone here created.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A couple months ago (perhaps longer), someone here posted a link to a modified MxO file that allowed people to using the admin-only useropt lines. I know it exists because I've been using it for months now (which is allowing me to use the "WR_DLLoadIrrelevantMissionSpaces" line to load up mission areas, allowing me to see when I'm in them). The problem is that I can't remember where that post is, or even what file was modified, so I'm having a hard time searching for it again. ^^;;;
You mean this stuff?
http://forums.station.sony.com/mxo/posts...6300028741

Wait, no, you seem to be talking about a tool, not just a guide on how to do stuff.

Well remember this forum was lost for a short period of time, and when it was restored, a lot of stuff went missing.

I'd love to see this file myself if you find it...

>_>
If it helps, it might have been a modified client.dll file, but I don't know for sure. It was a regular MxO file that someone modified.
any chance someone can send me the current client.dll file? the unmodified one.
Neopill check your PM.

Why, do you have the modified one?
Actually, it wasnt included in the client 7zip for some reason.

Thanks Qui
I made the file and posted it back when my name was still Switch, but then the forum DB was lost. The post along with many others is gone.

Been ages since I dealt with this stuff, but if I remember correctly, the gist of my post was that useropts are called in client.dll; the above screenshot specifies arguments which are placed on a stack, then passed in to a function (I think in Python through that PyArgTuple thingy, but I forget).

The structure seems to be: useropts(char* parameterName, defaultvalue (in hex, whether it's int, float, etc is param dependent), bool usersCanSet, char* descriptionString, NULL), read from the bottom up. Admin-only commands have that format, while the regular commands are missing the boolean (well, int technically). I think all I had to do was modify the disassembly so that a 1 was pushed onto the stack for arg3 and re-export the dll.

Anywho, this should be a copy of that dll file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qkj9p2

That's weird that the WR_DLLoadIrrelevantMissionSpaces options is working for you, though. It never worked for me, even on the emu. Only neat new things that seemed to work were the weather debugging settings and navmesh/physics viewing. Are you just setting it to 1; do you have any other settings running?
Lol I should have known it was you, Bay.

I had a feeling it was lost when the forums breifly died.

As for the rest of your work, I've only really recently had any free time to mess with the patch and animations and all that good stuff... Thanks, man. Even though I can't do much with it right now, what I can do is a lot of fun.
(26-02-2010, 03:01 AM)Bayamos Wrote: [ -> ]That's weird that the WR_DLLoadIrrelevantMissionSpaces options is working for you, though. It never worked for me, even on the emu. Only neat new things that seemed to work were the weather debugging settings and navmesh/physics viewing. Are you just setting it to 1; do you have any other settings running?

I've setting it to 1, yes. If there are any other factors contributing to this, then I'm unaware of them.

I took a screenshot of myself in Club Hel a few minutes ago. One interesting detail is the map, which shows the mission area in a faint, dull green color.
The WR_DLLoadIrrelevantMissionSpaces = 1 works for me, but the mission areas all have purple or green boxes along the floor, which I assume are nav boxes of some sort to determine if and where objects/npc's will spawn.

I haven't had a chance to mess around with the useropts list yet to see if I can kill that.
Pages: 1 2