The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: MxO Vista/Windows 7 Fixes (useropts.cfg Tweaks)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone remember the Vista/7 workaround for taking screenshots? Having used an XP rig while MxO was still live, and having a Win 7 one now I hadn't had to deal with these issues till now.
Good question. Same here. Smile
I've been running into a weird issue about 50% of the time I log in.

Sometimes, I will see only the sky/city backdrop, no UI, and no character. If I log out and wait a little bit (to make sure my character is removed from the server), sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I can't do anything or see anything. I'll see the UI for a very quick moment, and then it's like the game forgets that the UI is supposed to go on the top, and the skyline on the bottom (at least in terms of layering -- sorry been playing with photoshop a lot recently :-p).

I've never had this problem when I run the game and server locally.

I'm messing with things in useropts and what not.

Is this similar to what you're having, Vill? The only resolution I have at the moment is to log in again and again, and sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Oh FFS, I should learn to READ. Sorry, haven't had coffee yet.

If you take screens in BMP (aka Shift + F12), then try taking them in .JPG (just F12).

That works for me.
Im experiencing somewhat the same issue,i wil have a black screen and can partially see buildings at the top of my screen.iv used the teleport option with the same results.Logging in and out doesnt have any effect either.Also used the search function on the forum and only found this post which relates to this,any ideas please?
BTW In regards to my Win 7 issues:
1) The face shading problem was completely resolved by adding those values to my useropts.cfg file that Tsusai posted a while ago:

modellighting_enable = 0
modellighting_ambadd_r = 0.33
modellighting_ambadd_g = 0.33
modellighting_ambadd_b = 0.33
PlayerFX_LightPool_Bright_Scale = 0

2) Unfortunately I still can't seem to get my screenshots to work. I used your trick Qui, switching between BMP & JPG but to no aval. I run the game in fullscreen with max resolution. Grrr. Anything I might be missing? I don't want to have to run the game in crappy 600x400 or anything and don't like to use windows mode, not that that should matter.
Pages: 1 2 3