The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: MXO total conversion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Would it be possible to extract all of the maps, models, sounds, textures, and things from the MXO client and reformat them to recreate MXO with another game engine? I know some of the more unique elements of MXO like interlock, hyperjump, the mission generator, and seemless map loading could be difficult to recreate and would likely need recoded from scratch.
I have no doubt that it would be a monumental task. However, if it can be done, it could result in having a newer, better game engine that is easier to work with than the original. With all the same maps and models, it would have the same look and feel as the original MXO.
It is a crazy idea but could it work? Or have I lost my mind?
i nominate u captain america
(16-03-2010, 07:27 PM)The Trainman Wrote: [ -> ]i nominate u captain america

Can it be done: Yes.

Is it feasible: No.

Thanks for trying Smile
what he said
What are you guys talking about?

I've already disassembled everything and reassembled it multiple times.

I'm playing MxO 5.0. gg.
I would like to know in a Yes or No format answer also if this is POSSIBLE. Again stating that a task of this size would be huge, I would like to know if it COULD be done or should you just recode an MMO from scratch?

Thank you & I request that Trainman not bother responding!
why aren't you asking your lover this question??? does not he not know not all?
Valaro, you can't request people not to respond. You're such a hypocritical douche nozzle. When people tell you to leave here, you say, "I can post wherever I want!" Then you go and tell people not to reply to you?

Fuck off.
I say we open our doors to the weirdo's of second life....We promise them a real city with endless possibilities as long as they abide by some rules...

We can generate large numbers of players and some who can possibly help us in development.
(17-03-2010, 02:53 AM)The Trainman Wrote: [ -> ]why aren't you asking your lover this question??? does not he not know not all?
Seems like someone sniffed its powerade instead of drinking it.

To the OP, No.

Using the game objects to make another game will lead to an adaptation (to the format) or conversion with ripped 3d models.
Apart from that, the developpers would have to redo all the work from scratch, including networking, effects, chats and so, while now the work is based on putting the pieces together.
Imo is about 1/2 of the work that you would have developing it from 0. Maybe bit more.

On the other hand, if you have the models and a core (graphics + networking) already made i would change my opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3