The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: cinematics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cinematics are done in real time.

And they're all done client side.

Which means, without the packets, it's virtually impossible to get stuff like animations from them - with the exception of models.

Sounds about right so far?

Would the Merv's penthouse interior from Cin 2.2 actually be somewhere then?
@Aquilae -- Seriously I doubt that some animations can be unlocked properly.
I remember a cinematic where (The) Kid managed his own glasses..

Anyway, you know, there're 2 kind of cinematics: 2D, 3D. 3D ones are the first serie. 2D ones, made by Rarebit, are the biggest part. '3D' sounds easy (create world -- attach a camera -- record the scene), but, it's very difficult as lot as '2D' is.

As you can notice by yourself, 2D animations have more potential.
If game looks like 'something', you can always change\add\remove 'something'.

You remind the Mer's penthouse interior. I guess it can be over there.. yes, somewhere.
Honestly I ignore where to look for it; I would risk to spawn an ostrich.
wtf? the cinematics are just videos in video format and flash animations later.
we got them all,and also the manual pages that were available on loading area.

myself stored those and a "sentinel" example long time ago before game was closed.
Although, the .moa models from the earliest cinematics do show up in the game files. Before End of Live when I was playing with lots of different .moas, I tried to check those out but they weren't compatable with the more traditional player/NPC models if I remember correctly.
(13-11-2010, 01:56 PM)Villemar Wrote: [ -> ]Although, the .moa models from the earliest cinematics do show up in the game files. Before End of Live when I was playing with lots of different .moas, I tried to check those out but they weren't compatable with the more traditional player/NPC models if I remember correctly.
^^^^
that too. although the system just asks for wmv / swf files.
(13-11-2010, 01:56 PM)Villemar Wrote: [ -> ]Although, the .moa models from the earliest cinematics do show up in the game files. Before End of Live when I was playing with lots of different .moas, I tried to check those out but they weren't compatable with the more traditional player/NPC models if I remember correctly.

Yeah, the naked Persephone model won't look properly without her custom animation, which is a reason I'm asking.
<.<
>.>
(13-11-2010, 04:06 PM)Aquilae Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, the naked Persephone model won't look properly without her custom animation, which is a reason I'm asking.
<.<
>.>

Genius or insane; You are a visionary, my friend...
Wait...getting back to this...why are so many ancillary / design files for the earliest cinematics (Chapters 1 & 2 only) stored in every end user's client files? There are the aforementioned .moa files (lots), but also individual Cinematic weather models, bits of seperate dialogue...even discreet music tracks and individual sound effects. It seems pretty redundant for us to have all of the component parts all unless the earliest ones were rendered on-the-fly or something.
Haha, bad planning is my guess.

I mean, it's not like anything else on this game was poorly planned.

>_>

<_<
(13-11-2010, 04:06 PM)Aquilae Wrote: [ -> ]

<.<
>.>

....LOL.

but serious guys..how does that work? can i look for a cinematic in real time in the game? Where are the .moa files ( or other files) to watch those cinematics in game?
Pages: 1 2