The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: SOE on MXO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(14-12-2010, 03:34 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]MxO would fail as F2P because there's no way to pay the bills with a F2P MxO. Unless they added something ridiculous like a stupid card game or something.

Look at LOTRO, it's F2P now and Turbine (Codemasters before) is doing great.
They have a in-game shop where you can buy stuff with real money, they pay the bills that way I guess xD
MxO just needs more publicity, so people know of it's existence, I had to download it aswell, no store in Portugal sold it.
LoTRO entirely revamped some things to make F2P work.

My point is that with 0 devs and the insurmountable costs and nothing to sell, there is no way F2P could have ever worked for MxO.

In a perfect world, sure, but then again, in a perfect world, I'd pay for MxO if it was still around.
(14-12-2010, 05:27 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]LoTRO entirely revamped some things to make F2P work.

My point is that with 0 devs and the insurmountable costs and nothing to sell, there is no way F2P could have ever worked for MxO.

In a perfect world, sure, but then again, in a perfect world, I'd pay for MxO if it was still around.

Good point
WHY DID THEY CLOSE IT DOWN?! WHY?! Sad
(14-12-2010, 05:33 PM)Logan Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-12-2010, 05:27 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]LoTRO entirely revamped some things to make F2P work.

Good point
WHY DID THEY CLOSE IT DOWN?! WHY?! Sad

Oke offtopic --> thats a sick logo you got right there Logan.

Why they have closed it down is a answer you can read when you read all above in this post. It seems that some people dont agree why i think MxO has been close so i leave it at that because everyone is entitled to there own opinion. But it was just a setup from SOE and thats all there is to it.

On topic:

In a perfect world without all the greed and corruption, MxO would have gone F2P a long time ago ( maybe even after beta that was perhabs the best choice ), with sponsors and a bit of money that has been made from the movie franchise even to pay for a development team and all the rest. And there would have been plenty of items to sell ingame, even player drivin items. Just use your imagination mxo had plenty of stuff what has not been told and not been discovered yet in the code that was the matrix.

But since it is not a perfect world, its even more easier to see where things when wrong with MxO, and how it should have been going and not on how we look at it now. Its easy to see SOE did major damage to MxO inside to prevent it from becoming a huge success. Its easy to see that with the greed for the IP license that the official rebuild from MxO has become a dead stick in the water. So you can easy see and smell that even if you would have paid for MxO or that MxO when F2P that either way..If it was done right without the WB/SOE crap it would have been a success either way. And that was my whole point.
Off topic -> Thanks! Glad you like my logo Big Grin

On Topic -> I agree with what you said about SOE/WB, I agree with QuiDormit's point of view aswell as he explained it, we all know this isn't a perfect world, SOE/WB is the devil, they don't care about die hard fans and players who are willing to fight for this game, we are not a large number, but we are enough for now! Do they really expected that MxO would hit huge numbers like WoW? I mean Blizzard had 11 MILLION players playing WoW because of publicity! Come on! You see WoW banners and stuff all over the internet, even on pirate websites!
What does MxO have in publicity? Nothing... 0%
I had to download the game because it wasn't sold here in Portugal
I discovered the game because I am a Matrix fan and one day I was googling: "The Matrix Games" and I found MxO
Even when the game first came out, not many people know it existed!

But still QuiDormit's right about one thing, MxO needed more devs to bring the game alive.
SOE sucks! The only thing I like about them is Playstation
If they re-activate the game somehow, my opinion of them will change for the best and I hope they don't screw up like last time, I'm willing to pay to play MxO again, it just needed some more publicity so people developed interest in the game.
(14-12-2010, 06:24 PM)Logan Wrote: [ -> ]Off topic -> Thanks! Glad you like my logo Big Grin

On Topic -> I agree with what you said about SOE/WB, I agree with QuiDormit's point of view aswell as he explained it, we all know this isn't a perfect world, SOE/WB is the devil, they don't care about die hard fans and players who are willing to fight for this game, we are not a large number, but we are enough for now! Do they really expected that MxO would hit huge numbers like WoW? I mean Blizzard had 11 MILLION players playing WoW because of publicity! Come on! You see WoW banners and stuff all over the internet, even on pirate websites!
I discovered the game because I am a Matrix fan and one day I was googling: "The Matrix Games" and I found MxO

But still QuiDormit's right about one thing, MxO needed more devs to bring the game alive.
If they re-activate the game somehow, my opinion of them will change for the best and I hope they don't screw up like last time, I'm willing to pay to play MxO again, it just needed some more publicity so people developed interest in the game.

Yes, i would even do the Marketing for it myself. So well spoken all togeter.
But dont misunderstand me though. Not saying Qui is wrong about the dev part. Offcourse the game needs more Dev..lol it needs a whole friggin company. But lets put that aside and skip that for now. Since we still have to start from scratch again, thats why i am very glad this place exist. Because above all despite of some misunderstandings here and there perhabs in this post, the hardcore fans in Morpheus own words: Are Still Here!
And they have done a amazing Job. So i am not going to ruin that on who is right or wrong regarding SOE for crying out loud out of all subjects lmao. It Doesnt Matter.

As long as we dont lose our spirit regarding this project i am all down for the support. Yes with ups and downs all the way. ~Peace Cool
(14-12-2010, 07:00 PM)Cycles Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-12-2010, 06:24 PM)Logan Wrote: [ -> ]Off topic -> Thanks! Glad you like my logo Big Grin

Yes, i would even do the Marketing for it myself. So well spoken all togeter.
But dont misunderstand me though. Not saying Qui is wrong about the dev part. Offcourse the game needs more Dev..lol it needs a whole friggin company. But lets put that aside and skip that for now. Since we still have to start from scratch again, thats why i am very glad this place exist. Because above all despite of some misunderstandings here and there perhabs in this post, the hardcore fans in Morpheus own words: Are Still Here!
And they have done a amazing Job. So i am not going to ruin that on who is right or wrong regarding SOE for crying out loud out of all subjects lmao. It Doesnt Matter.

As long as we dont lose our spirit regarding this project i am all down for the support. Yes with ups and downs all the way. ~Peace Cool

Inspiring words Big Grin
I'm supporting this project 110%!
In reply to the engine qualms earlier, I still feel that in some respects, engine and graphically, MXO may be outdated but it still looks good.

I have a fairly high end system and it looks great to look at.

I dont think SOE would do F2P, one word; greed. But it's a nice thought but we might as well lay that to rest.

In relation to the continuation of the project, I agree with Cycles, we've got some amazingly talented people upholding this little venture and I am certain it will continue growing.

On a sideline, Im excited about Arcady's development into the combat and PVP....keep it coming!

Oh and Logan, Nice sig if you need any help with the graphics or such give me a shout Im not a pro, but I'm pretty alright with some of it.

Sierus
I think it's important to keep in mind that commercial games are not a public service.
I did want to say, and I posted this on the FB page, that some people in general lay the blame mostly/entirely on WB. But, I'm hesitant to put too much blame on WB and Monolith. They just overestimated the development time for the product, pushed it back from Nov 04 to Jan 05 to March 05 (but not at all to the point that it was unplayable). That plus a fickle public used to a more ADHD type game, bad gaming press because of the delays, plus the easing up of the Trilogy in the public imagination after being hit with both sequels two years prior. So they got rattled and agreed to sell to SOE as part of that IP package.

MxO was like a bird with a broken wing at that point, and rather than SOE even so much as considering nurturing it back to health, they put it in a cardboard box and buried it the backyard instead. Had they given it an honest shot, and even so much as listed it on their banners for their other games, then I might have given them more slack. But no. SOE completely burned its bridges with me and I'm sure most of the former MxO community.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10