The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: SOE on MXO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Yeah, talk and acceptance of money/info "hehe" and the sort would be a BAD idea.

On topic, I truly wonder if anyone has been paying attention to this project and the now thousands of folks VIGOROUSLY waiting and wanting The Matrix Online to make a comeback. Surely we have been heard crying "We are STILL HERE!"

I mean , come on.....with 2,896 registered users in these boards alone, someone should take us seriously.
(16-12-2010, 10:43 PM)agentslayer1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, talk and acceptance of money/info "hehe" and the sort would be a BAD idea.

On topic, I truly wonder if anyone has been paying attention to this project and the now thousands of folks VIGOROUSLY waiting and wanting The Matrix Online to make a comeback. Surely we have been heard crying "We are STILL HERE!"

I mean , come on.....with 2,896 registered users in these boards alone, someone should take us seriously.

We may have 2,896 registed users but I've seen people who didn't even jacked in.
C'mon people! Jack in!!!! Cool
Lots of those accounts haven't even been activated. Many have been spam.

There's probably about 20 active users on the forums. Maybe 30.
(17-12-2010, 04:08 AM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]Lots of those accounts haven't even been activated. Many have been spam.

Party pooper!

j/k

Much love for those that actually care.

Just sayin'.

(17-12-2010, 03:47 AM)Logan Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-12-2010, 10:43 PM)agentslayer1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, talk and acceptance of money/info "hehe" and the sort would be a BAD idea.

We may have 2,896 registed users but I've seen people who didn't even jacked in.

Well, to be honest, the casual player/players cant or wont even figure out how to Jack-in. Truth be told, until the EMU is somewhat "playable" we wont see the true numbers.
(17-12-2010, 05:58 AM)agentslayer1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-12-2010, 04:08 AM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]Lots of those accounts haven't even been activated. Many have been spam.

Party pooper!

j/k

Just sayin'.

Well, to be honest, the casual player/players cant or wont even figure out how to Jack-in. Truth be told, until the EMU is somewhat "playable" we wont see the true numbers.
true

some people say the time has passed and the Matrix needs to stay on the shelf..
not true.. its all about letting them know its there- look at Star Wars.
It will have ups and downs as something new comes but anything that reminds them of it will always restart the fire.
You know that feeling when you are in.. just reading the comments on Youtube about people wishing they could have tried the game just as we where kicked out a yr ago shows the real untapped market of blue pills. Sooo many never even knew of it till it was too late.
You know, its interesting. If you ever googled "The Matrix" while the game was live, I'm pretty sure the first result was the Warner brothers website that said "The Matrix Online, Jack In"...or something like that.

Now I know that there was very little promotion of the game after it went live. Id run across an advertisement for it now and then in computer/gaming mags at first. Then most advertising stopped.

But Im wondering why people find their way to the emu's NOW and didnt find their way to the live game THEN when we needed the population.
(17-12-2010, 02:28 PM)Sixxth Wrote: [ -> ]You know, its interesting. If you ever googled "The Matrix" while the game was live, I pretty sure the first result was the Warner brothers website that said "The Matrix Online, Jack In"...or something like that.

Now I know that there was very little promotion of the game after it went live. Id run across an advertisement for it now and then in computer/gaming mags at first. Then most advertising stopped.

But Im wondering why people find their way to the emu's NOW and didnt find their way to the live game THEN when we needed the population.

Its like you said: Little advertisement then, and a whole different time to back then. With that i mean there was no facebook hype or youtube hype going on either in such a way that people that use Google as there search engine, now use youtube as there search engine aswel. Example: as for me i came across this emu on youtube when i seen someone test hardlines, then i started searching and boom: there i was here with you today.

Its the big snowball effect oldskool mxo people bring with them that bring mostly big hype back to this game, not alone did they find the emu's using facebook and/or youtube and found this place: they also told other people and new people about this emu, that is what is creating a huge snowbal effect overall thats probably why you see so much interrest to these days.

Thats a good sign and i do thing it will only grow bigger soon! Cool

(17-12-2010, 06:46 AM)MajTom Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-12-2010, 05:58 AM)agentslayer1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Party pooper!

j/k

Just sayin'.

true

It will have ups and downs as something new comes but anything that reminds them of it will always restart the fire.
You know that feeling when you are in.. just reading the comments on Youtube about people wishing they could have tried the game just as we where kicked out a yr ago shows the real untapped market of blue pills. Sooo many never even knew of it till it was too late.

"just reading the comments on Youtube about people wishing they could have tried the game just as we where kicked out a yr ago shows the real untapped market of blue pills. Sooo many never even knew of it till it was too late." <--You hit the spot right there.
( If Soe/WB trutfully had noticed that if they had any good intentions with this game they would have tapped into this information right away had they done there research)

But dont worry, as i noticed on facebook, people starting to want to do events and such, and with all the progress i am seeing here: it wont be long before there will be actually marketing campaigns like Logan was doing etc to drag even more people.

But it is true: people are waithing for a playable version..Thats why i think its kind of critical what Arcady/Qui are doing right now to give people atleast something, (because it is all about lightning up that spark of hope) That gives the others that are working on the real emu some time while in the mean time the overall people can have fun chatting/partying and a little pvp/pve even with arcady's version to have something to work with.

But all in all.. I really like where this is going and i do believe i will see the day MxO is Back from the past soon and stronger then ever with its hardcore fans and new people that will be banging on the door to come join that party!Cool

(17-12-2010, 06:46 AM)MajTom Wrote: [ -> ]true

I don't know if it's fair to make that comparison, as far as a realistic perspective of what we're dealing with here. Star Wars has had a fan base since the first movie came out in 1977. Since then there has been a constant stream consisting of one or more of the following: sequels, TV series', novels, video games, toys, and countless other cross-media projects. They have all been extremely well advertised. Many of these separate components stand on their own and garner their own fans. The Matrix was a trilogy with some peripheral material. Sadly, just because it's one of the greatest films of all time, and the concept couldn't be more perfect for an MMO, doesn't make its popularity seemingly eternal like Star Wars'. You could go 10 years or more without a new Star Wars installment and it would still be popular. Maybe I'm exaggerating there, but you get the idea.

But yeah, the marketing problem is terrible, and it was really doomed. It's silly, but I've often wondered if they thought they could save a few million by relying on the franchise's popularity at the time speak for itself instead of launching a proper marketing campaign. The Matrix was definitely "the big thing" back then. You can tell they acted on that knowledge by how much they spent on the sequels. Either way, it was a terrible move. I've never heard more people say "I wish I could have played that game."
(14-12-2010, 10:09 PM)Logan Wrote: [ -> ]Free Realms is free
Everquest II is free
PoxNora is free
Infantry is free

now they have P2P:
Star Wars Galaxies
Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game
Vanguard
Pirates of the Burning Sea
Planet Side
and some more I can't remember

And they had to close MxO down? C'mon!
SOE just makes bad choices in my opinion

Pirates of the Burning Sea went free last mouth Wink
(17-12-2010, 06:57 PM)bitbomb Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-12-2010, 06:46 AM)MajTom Wrote: [ -> ]true

I don't know if it's fair to make that comparison, as far as a realistic perspective of what we're dealing with here. Star Wars has had a fan base since the first movie came out in 1977. Since then there has been a constant stream consisting of one or more of the following: sequels, TV series', novels, video games, toys, and countless other cross-media projects. They have all been extremely well advertised. Many of these separate components stand on their own and garner their own fans. The Matrix was a trilogy with some peripheral material. Sadly, just because it's one of the greatest films of all time, and the concept couldn't be more perfect for an MMO, doesn't make its popularity seemingly eternal like Star Wars'. You could go 10 years or more without a new Star Wars installment and it would still be popular. Maybe I'm exaggerating there, but you get the idea.

But yeah, the marketing problem is terrible, and it was really doomed. It's silly, but I've often wondered if they thought they could save a few million by relying on the franchise's popularity at the time speak for itself instead of launching a proper marketing campaign. The Matrix was definitely "the big thing" back then. You can tell they acted on that knowledge by how much they spent on the sequels. Either way, it was a terrible move. I've never heard more people say "I wish I could have played that game."

I never saw a game box in the store..I got it free with Coke rewards points
and the next month coke halved the amount of points needed
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10