The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Need some help to get up and running.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all.

First, I must say thank you for undergoing this project and resurrecting the greatest MMO ever to bless the internet.

Now, to my issue. I've installed the test server launcher and the client, however I simply have no idea how to find the directory in which I have The Matrix Online installed.

Assistance please?

P.S. Does it mean the actual Matrix Online and not the emulator? I think I still have my old hardcopy somewhere...
So I presume you have followed the guide on http://mxoemu.info/index.php

If so? You're on the right track, all I did was extract the client to my Program Files under Matrix Online

Then installed the MxoEmuTestServer.msi (It will ask you for the directory where you installed Matrix Online client, if you have done like me, above, then direct it to the Matrix Online folder in Program files, or whereever your directory is.

It should then all install fine and then you just use the shortcut to Jack In that's on your desktop.

Any queries, supply screenshots if any further problems and I'm sure someone will assist if I don't reply first.

Sierus
(16-12-2010, 01:20 AM)Sierus Wrote: [ -> ]If so? You're on the right track, all I did was extract the client to my Program Files under Matrix Online

Then installed the MxoEmuTestServer.msi (It will ask you for the directory where you installed Matrix Online client, if you have done like me, above, then direct it to the Matrix Online folder in Program files, or whereever your directory is.

Thank you Sierus, but when you say "Matrix Online" do you mean the emulator or the actual old game?
Either the client that is provided on the main page of mxoemu.info or I have read that if you have already got a copy of the game installed, it works the same.

The emulator I speak of is the MxoEmuTestServer.msi which you also get from the main page, which you install, and then when it asks you for the directory where Matrix Online is installed to, you choose the folder to whichever you have, either an old copy of the game, or the client provided.

Hope this answers any queries.

Sierus
Ah, I see. Forgive my computer illiteracy, for I am but one step above infant in this respect.

I did download the client on the mainpage, however whenever I try to select it for a directory, it won't allow me to. Am I missing something?
My advice to you is to unzip the client you downloaded from the main page to its own folder in 'Program Files'

So you should have something like C:\Program Files\Matrix Online

Within the Matrix online folders will be all the data files etc.

Double click the MxoEmuTestServer.msi you downloaded from the main page (Make sure you run this as Administrator (its on the right click menu once you right click the MxoEmuTestServer.msi)

Let it install, when it gets to the bit where it needs to find the Matrix Online directory, choose the Matrix Online folder you have in Program Files where you unzipped the client to in the above instruction.

After that it should all install the Test server and give you an icon on your desktop which you use to login to the game with a login you register on http://mxoemu.info/index.php (please be advised, this login is completely seperate from your forum login)

Hope this makes sense
Alright, I tried what you suggested, and it finally occurred to me, my problem. I never unzipped the file (file type still reads as Matrix Online.7z).

How exactly to I unzip it? I've unzipped files before, but only when it puts the prompt right in my face...I've also never seen that file type before.
Download 7zip or Winzip (google it)

Then you should be able to right click the file and unzip to a location you select.

Hope this sorts your problems.
Please be sure to read the directions on the front page very very carefully.

"If you do not already have it, download it from this link: MatrixOnline.7z and extract into a directory of your choice using 7-Zip or WinRAR"

This sentence is on the mainpage, and tells you that you'll need either 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract the game.

When we refer to the Matrix Online Client, we refer to the actual game itself. The game that you would have launched to play MxO when it was still live and run by SOE. When we refer to the Emulator, we refer to either the server (hosted by Rajko) or the files needed to connect to said server.

Please read the FAQ linked in my signature before you do anything else. It will answer most of your questions before you even think of them.

Welcome!
Thank you both for all your help. I'm up and running and have resurrected my old character.

Terriss is back!
Pages: 1 2