The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: SW:TOR and DCU Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cycles. How is Eve Online? I've heard a lot about it and was thinking of trying it.

Sry to kind of change the subject here.
(25-12-2010, 01:12 PM)SadPanda91 Wrote: [ -> ]Cycles. How is Eve Online? I've heard a lot about it and was thinking of trying it.

Sry to kind of change the subject here.

Hey there mate, sorry for late replies with the holidays and all,

But yeah men sure give it a try i mean:

Back in the day i didnt realised it but i was fortunate enough that games like Eve Online and MxO where my first MMO's when i wanted to figure out what all the fuzz was all about and how it would be like to play on one server with tens of thousants of people.

And Eve Online was a eye opener, i mean itis great, seriously great. And after all these years... ( it has been one of the oldest mmo's arround) it still is getting better with all there new expansions and so on. ( Now it has come to a point that you can really make a realistic character and soon walk in stations and lots of fun, while in the earlier versions of eve Eve allready stood out of the crowed because of the deep storyline and gameplay it had and how the storyline is mostly also player driven)

As far as the story go's Eve - Online:

After humankind became so advanced so that they could explore the galaxy, they discovered a gate that brought them to new eden ( Eve)
But after the gate collapsed they got disconnected from earth and from there the story begins.

4 races where born true out the decades from the remaining humans that survived the collapse: The Minimater, The Caldari, The Galante and the Amar race.

Well after a couple thousands of years later and many wars amongst them they came to a certain peace and thats is where you as the player start playing the game.

The game at itself is something else because you can do litterly anything in that game.

You can follow you characters story line by doing missions, or you can follow your own story line by doing:

- PVE - Missions, Exploring, Mining, Building resources for your or a corp, create a corp, that later becomes a alliance, you can do PVP, Small wars between you and someone else, corp vs corp war and the whole alliance vs alliance war, you can choose the darkside by doing pirating, steeling, go inside a corp as a spy and steel all there resourches, you can become neutral by becoming a bountyhunter or be a mercenary with your corp as in another once enemy is your friend and virsa versa and get paid to get the job done. You can controle the economy by becoming filty rich for trading certain goods ( its said that some fokes from wallstreet a few times say that eve online economy is the best comparison when it comes to stock market and that you can controle the market if you are big enough of a corp that trades goods and stuff)

...And this is just to name a few what you can do over there! Your imagination is the only thing what is keepin you as far as creating your own story line in there in either become a ruthless villian or a hero like livin legend.

And besides the fact that it has some of the amazing grapics, it truly is the people you play with that makes it all come togeter.

Now as far as getting the bigger ship to become a better player in combat go's. It all depends on your view of pvp and what pvp is for you.
You can easy get in a small ship, search the map for a target, warp over there, and destroy the other ship and steal its loot ( what is called pirating lol) or you can do that in a bigger ship, with a few mates also in
a big ship to do the same thing, now only after destroying that 1 ship you findout after a few minuts that the ship you just destroyed called his/her mates. and now they have warped into your location and just in a few seconds a whole corp vs corp war breakes out.... But that is just a little battle... You can also be in a corp, apart from a 10/20 times bigger Alliance that is about to take on another big Alliance, and now you are fighting a war with 1500 people at the same time if not bigger.

So Eve online literly is a Butterfly effect, because you never know what is going to happen if you move from A and from that point to B. Its all in your controle on where you want to go with your story and what you want to contribute to that universe.

As far as the learning curve go's to get into the bigger ships. Recently they shortcut on the 'Learningskill'' Books you needed to learn first to get to the bigger ships faster. So now instead of like a month learning you can probably get in a good ship in 2 weeks. Besides that, they recently changed something and a new race has been added to the Eve Online universe that is going to war with all the 4/5 races of eve. So all the more fun, but above all with the new character expansions i do say this game is complete and let the fun begin. So enjoy Eve, its a deep intense story you will enjoy and get hooked on! Check there 14-day trial and sign up. ~Peace Cool

Oh and P.s, did i mansion that skills you are learning to fly a better ship or wtf keeps on learning even if you log out? Yes its pretty unique and it has earned its respect a longtime ago with i believe 3 game awards for best game of the year. So like i said before and for all you other guys, just give it a try. Its a good combination if you also play other mmo's perhabs. I am not playing now but i sure will in the future.

Pages: 1 2