The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: what can I do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
My heart jumped a beat when I saw that there is a chance someone will bring back this beloved game, I played mxo since the beta testing and was crushed when they pulled the plug on it and I would like to help in any way I can, I'm not a programer but I am currently reading books about visual basics for a start.. What I do have tho is a server on a very high speed connection it's currently on a 10/10 mbit fiber optic line but over the summer it will be bumped to 25/25 it's on a static ip and I can control anything I want... It's currently running win 7 but that is also changeable if needed.. Don't know if that is of any use to you guys.. But now you know..

I also have a relatively quick desktop computer if you need a help with compilation or anything that need a lot of power.. If you need it let me know and I'll give you it's specs..

I'll be following this project closely with eager..

Was thinking I might start to donate when I start my new job next month but I cant promise anything just yet..

Just a thought.. Has anyone tried to get hold of any of the original designers/programers of mxo to see if they miss the game and might want to help out?

Morbidos
Head of nordic myth. Department in The Daniel institute of dream interpretation fraction...
Ok. Welcome.

Don't need servers atm.

Don't need help compiling atm.

As for donating, don't. No one will accept money. Anyone who does is swindling you out of your money. (No one will though, seriously.)

As for trying to get a hold of the original devs/programmers... EVERYONE HAS ALREADY THOUGHT OF THIS. It's kind of insulting for you to come in and think you're the only one who's come up with that idea. Also, WHY would these former devs/programmers help a project like this? Come on dude. Every time someone joins the forums they say, "OMFG LOL I JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA CALL RAREBIT OR WALRUS LOL."

Please read the FAQ's.
no need to get all insulting over such a trivial matter! remember we're all in this together... all i wanted was to share my thoughts... relax ok... i just want to see this game online again
(07-03-2011, 11:04 AM)Morbidos Wrote: [ -> ]no need to get all insulting over such a trivial matter! remember we're all in this together... all i wanted was to share my thoughts... relax ok... i just want to see this game online again

If you look around the forums, you'll see that this topic had been brought up again and again and again and again. In fact, every time someone finds one of these projects for the first time, this is what we get. So as you can imagine, it gets a little irritating.
(07-03-2011, 08:25 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2011, 11:04 AM)Morbidos Wrote: [ -> ]no need to get all insulting over such a trivial matter! remember we're all in this together... all i wanted was to share my thoughts... relax ok... i just want to see this game online again

If you look around the forums, you'll see that this topic had been brought up again and again and again and again. In fact, every time someone finds one of these projects for the first time, this is what we get. So as you can imagine, it gets a little irritating.

Welcome back to the community. Patients is the best thing most of us can give the devs. That and moral support.
Gief monies plox.