The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Can't launch!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to know if i need to have a CD with the game to play.

I click on the launcher and it says that i need to be connected to the internet, the problem is that i am.
just follow the instructions on the front page and you'll be stylin
READ THE FAQS.
Hmmm Thank you.

And btw, in game, when i click in a item to equip it, it loads for like ages. Any clue of what is happening, or should i change something in options?
READ.

THE.

FAQS.

Items DO NOT WORK.

Q:: What can't I do, then?
A: It would be easier to answer what you could do, but for example, the in-game character creation is not working, jump animations are not in place, no combat, no two-person emotes, no /leanwallloop, no hyperjump, no combat, no free-fire, no elevators, no inventory usage, no clothes-changing, no creating crews or factions, no adding/removing people to buddy list, no seeing who's online, no loadout modifications, no leveling, no hacking, no crafting, no constructs, no way to change districts through the hardlines, and a million other things.

Q:: Jesus, so what CAN I do?
A: Chat, whisper, /who, jump (you won't see the animation, but you CAN jump), teleport, things like that. There's a list of commands here:
http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-504-post...ml#pid8952
Here's a more descriptive version of the teleport commands by Neo VIII:
http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-413-post...ml#pid7981

Read it. Read it again. Read it again.
(24-03-2011, 09:05 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: [ -> ]READ.

THE.

FAQS.

Items DO NOT WORK.

Q:: What can't I do, then?
A: It would be easier to answer what you could do, but for example, the in-game character creation is not working, jump animations are not in place, no combat, no two-person emotes, no /leanwallloop, no hyperjump, no combat, no free-fire, no elevators, no inventory usage, no clothes-changing, no creating crews or factions, no adding/removing people to buddy list, no seeing who's online, no loadout modifications, no leveling, no hacking, no crafting, no constructs, no way to change districts through the hardlines, and a million other things.

Q:: Jesus, so what CAN I do?
A: Chat, whisper, /who, jump (you won't see the animation, but you CAN jump), teleport, things like that. There's a list of commands here:
http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-504-post...ml#pid8952
Here's a more descriptive version of the teleport commands by Neo VIII:
http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-413-post...ml#pid7981

Read it. Read it again. Read it again.

Hmm ok, mate. Just chill out.
Not "Hmm, ok."

This information is available all over. The FAQs couldn't be more crystal clear. So many people come in and ignore the information and ask the same exact questions. It's all right there.

This is an emulator, but not a 100% completed one, so a lot of stuff is missing. It will likely never be close to complete.
I agree with what Qui said...

You can't just come in here, make 5 posts, ask a question that has been answered like a billion times, and expect people to not get annoyed. The first thing you should ever do when joining a forum/game/website is to look in the FAQs before asking a question. This way, you can see if your question has been answered, and avoid being annoying.
(25-03-2011, 08:00 PM)Superman111994 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with what Qui said...

You can't just come in here, make 5 posts, ask a question that has been answered like a billion times, and expect people to not get annoyed. The first thing you should ever do when joining a forum/game/website is to look in the FAQs before asking a question. This way, you can see if your question has been answered, and avoid being annoying.

Sometimes an FAQ is not clear. Sometimes, it's difficult to find the answer in a forum. Sometimes a website's information isn't written plain enough.

I'm new and also ran into a bunch of issues last night as I installed the client and tried to log in. I spent about 4 hours searching for the solutions to my problems and was finally able to log in to view my edited my RSI. In those four hours I found a lot answers but I found a lot more posts that were very punchy to noobs.

Yes, I get that it's a pain in the ass to see the same questions asked. Yes, I know people need to RTFM. But remember that these new people are just impatient and want to get in to check out what's here. We've all got memories of how good mxo was and just want to relive some of those experiences.

My point is that it might help if the FAQ was a little clearer and the instructions for what to do was a little plainer. I know, blasphemy when it's written already. But I guarantee that it'll make for less stress in the long term.
The FAQ is fine. It doesn't get much clearer, unless I was to write it at a third grade level.

Also, these topics have been made time and time and time and time and time again without actually looking at the forums to see if anyone has already posted them.

Finally, as for people being impatient, where do you think OUR impatience stems from? When people come on and demand to be able to use things that are plainly explained to not be available at this time, it shows that they have no patience. Therefore, replies come back with just as much patience.

It's not like this happens once or twice or five times. This happens almost any time a new person finds the forums. They go straight in to it without reading anything first. Then, instead of looking for the answers on the forums, they make a post saying "hey why doesn't hyperjump (or whatever) work?"

After a year plus of this, it gets really old really fast.
Pages: 1 2