The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Need Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After reading rajs thread.. [WANTED] Fancy web designers for splash/registration page.. I have been working on something and speaking to raj on how I can improve it, he said there should be a clickable array of thumbnails on the bottom which will expand to screenshots when clicked, and with left and right arrows for scrolling and there should be a login box and it should change to a user info box once logged in.

I need some advice on how I would achieve this in Photoshop or another program, this is what I've come up with so far (im not Photoshop expert but its a start) advice would be greatly appreciated!

[Image: unled7je.jpg]

I like it but thee film strip seems a bit cheesy and doesn't fit with the rest of the picture everything else is great. maybe instead of one agent you get somebody upkicking an agent a little action incorporated into it would be fun and capture a sense of the matrix but I really like the interface =]! Thanks Kid!
(24-08-2011, 07:48 AM)UltrasonicDream Wrote: [ -> ]I like it but thee film strip seems a bit cheesy and doesn't fit with the rest of the picture everything else is great. maybe instead of one agent you get somebody upkicking an agent a little action incorporated into it would be fun and capture a sense of the matrix but I really like the interface =]! Thanks Kid!

I was thinking of removing the film strip, kept trying to find a place for it to go just never looked right and thanks ill consider your advice Smile
its just a rectangle below all the things, not INSIDE the thing
and you dont need to make it interactible in photoshop, obviously
also you should use the official matrix online logo with the blue glow (i dont know if its in the fansite kit, but it was in the station launcher) instead of mine with the black glow
also, why photoshop when you need clean vector shapes ? use inkscape or expression design or something
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6296/screenjz.png
^ that was made in inkscape pretty quick (not by me)
(24-08-2011, 09:41 AM)rajkosto Wrote: [ -> ]its just a rectangle below all the things, not INSIDE the thing
and you dont need to make it interactible in photoshop, obviously
also you should use the official matrix online logo with the blue glow (i dont know if its in the fansite kit, but it was in the station launcher) instead of mine with the black glow

I will look around for the logo I know it doesn't have to be intractable im just unsure how I could make it so it should change to a user info box once logged in. And you also asked for a clickable array of thumbnails on the bottom which will expand to screenshots when clicked (assuming this isn't interactive) what type of thumbnails?
of anything...actual screenshots will be put in later obviously
I was wondering is this the blue glow you wanted? and do you think other things should be blue? i changed the sides and outside the box, what do you think? because it does look weird with everything green and a blue title.

[Image: unled9kr.jpg]

you can change the hue of things, you know.
maybe to much blue but......
something more like this?

[Image: unled9q.jpg]

Just my thoughts on this.

Overkill with the blue. You have to change the logo so it includes Emulator just like the old one with the black outline.

The buttons should not be inside of that little window, they should be outside. Less translucency would go a long way, too.

I don't love that picture of the agent. It's shot at the opposite angle as the rooftops. So, like, how would he be standing there at that angle based on the skyline shot? It looks... forced.

The central window should be larger and take up more real estate. There's not a need for quite that much code rain to show.

The Matrix Online Emulator logo should be dead center, not off to the side like that. Once the buttons are moved, that can be achieved.

There's no linear feeling. The user/pass/LOGIN buttons are all the way over, yet the sign up is totally off-kilter in comparison. Again, with the buttons outside of the main frame, you can move things around a bit. The signup window should be bigger, probably. Also, centered.

I'm not a pro, but these are the things that stood out to me at first glance.
Pages: 1 2