The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Wall of Matrix Code..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title states.
I log in, and my screen is filled with matrix code... eternally. Sad

Can't see my character or anything.. is this usual? lmao

Edit - Also, when I log in.. it does show my character online on the website... but like I said.. Black screen with matrix code everywhere... FML
A quick forum search turned up the following. Start there. Also, please provide details such as OS, connection type, and if you followed the directions. There are lots of answers on the forum, search is super handy. If it turns up nothing, we're glad to help.

http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-659.html...atrix+code
its a race condition in the matrix client
if you dont see the chat box, there's nothing you can do but disconnect by closing the window
if you do see the chat box, then you are simply in the sky, and should press SPACE to get back down
It was a W7 64bit problem. I debugged it and had to ran the launcher AND the original mxo exe in administrator at the same time. Fixed Smile

Thanks for your help.

** Also a tip, you dont have to be a such a dickhead BitBomb.. imo**
i run w7 64bit...
running the launcher as administrator means any process spawned by it will also have administrative rights
besides, if you didnt run the launcher as administrator it wouldnt be able to patch the files
if you didnt run the game as administrator it wouldnt be able to write your profile files, which is less important but still annoying
(16-10-2011, 11:07 PM)Rage36 Wrote: [ -> ]** Also a tip, you dont have to be a such a dickhead BitBomb.. imo**

HAHAHAh Bitbombs been here for years answering questions that people like you ask. You will be gone in a week, but he'll be here....so, yeah. Have a nice life.

(16-10-2011, 11:07 PM)Rage36 Wrote: [ -> ]It was a W7 64bit problem. I debugged it and had to ran the launcher AND the original mxo exe in administrator at the same time. Fixed Smile

Thanks for your help.

** Also a tip, you dont have to be a such a dickhead BitBomb.. imo**

Actually, dick, bitbomb was pretty fucking polite. He was pointing out that you asked the same question that's asked a million times. How much time should people involved in these projects spend answering the same questions? You want the game to function more, right? Then maybe take a little time out of your busy day and do some searching before you post when you have problems.

That way, people working on the project spend less time answering the same fucking questions over and over and have more time to actually do some fucking work.
The timestamps are an important detail here.

Oct 13 22:15:26 * Rage_ (webchat@ool-182e90f5.dyn.optonline.net) has joined #mxoemu
Oct 13 22:15:39 <Rage_> Anyone actually here?
Oct 13 22:23:52 <Rage_> Whats the point of having a live chat if nobody chats? lmao
Oct 13 22:25:40 <Rage_> Anyway... ill be here for a while, if anyone has any idea why my screen is filled with matrix code when I log in and am unable to see anything... its not even like.. matrix code loading. Its a black screen with matrix code going down it like a terminal in the movie lmao
Oct 13 22:25:41 <Rage_> I dont get it
Oct 13 22:30:19 * Rage_ has quit (Quit: Page closed)

A little thoughtlessness and ignorance is no problem, it happens. But the way you came at it, I restrained myself to answer you without insulting you. Sorry our dedicated 24 hour support staff abandoned our commitment to immediately solve your really basic problem in the middle of the night. And you waited a whole five minutes. Sure were there for 'a while.' You're perfectly justified in whining about being answered without a smile.

Step one in the 'how to ask for help, especially as a newcomer' handbook is to talk shit about the people you're asking for help from. I mean really, 8 whole silent minutes at midnight? Must mean nobody chats, and the channel is pointless. What were we thinking?

Reread my post. I've been a dick on many occasions, and that wasn't one of them. Seems like you're reading your own shitty attitude into my words. What exactly is it that you took issue with? The polite way I pointed out the search function your dumb ass didn't think to use? I'm curious if you know what the idea behind a forum is, and why people use them.

Anyway, glad the very first thing you should always try if ANYTHING isn't working correctly in Windows 7/Windows Vista fixed the problem.