The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: The Old Republic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
About to play the beta, my second MMO. MXO being my first. Will post beta thoughts and details soon..
Heh, don't wear a beta badge like so many kids did in MxO, though. I've known people who have been in TOR beta for about six months.

I was in TOR beta, it's good, I like it. That's about as much time as I have available to comment though. Heh.
(26-11-2011, 11:25 PM)ShaoX Wrote: [ -> ]About to play the beta, my second MMO. MXO being my first. Will post beta thoughts and details soon..

[Image: watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png?1320774627]

I've been playing since last December for the most part, definitely playing at launch if I'm able to.
[Image: tumblr_lv3nnhh7Mi1qzxmpj.jpg]
Oh you’re lucky, I’ve been watch TOR, since august of 2009. It looks pretty good! Smile
I just got done with the weekend beta.

My thoughts: Its was good and Ill be playing it when it goes live.

What are you all playing as?

I rolled as a Sith Warrior, then maruader later on. Got to lvl 11.

So far the only downside for me is how linear it is, compared to Mxo which was much more open. And all the walking is a real pain in the ass.
(29-11-2011, 11:29 PM)ShaoX Wrote: [ -> ]So far the only downside for me is how linear it is, compared to Mxo which was much more open. And all the walking is a real pain in the ass.

Welcome to MMOs.

I played Trooper for the most part, Vanguard tank.
How was MxO not linear?

There were about 10 different building types. Missions were ALWAYS held inside buildings and never occurred out in the open world, or in the clubs, or anywhere except the predetermined "mission areas." There were only six different mission types to choose from (or was it five?) to run to do basic EXP gain. Then there were the weekly crits that took place in the same type of building and the same general district for each person. That's pretty linear.

Then there were the Live Events where LET characters wouldn't say a word until one of the player characters said the right phrase to lead the story forward. I remember standing around waiting for 15+ minutes at a time while people talked and talked and someone FINALLY said the right thing to move the story forward.

TOR is bigger than MxO due to all of the planets. Also, as you go on and get higher in level, the areas open up more and more.

I'm not saying TOR is better (I am), but I am saying that MxO was far more linear than you give it credit for. In the beginning, sure MxO wasn't linear, but they had a FULL dev team who could run LE's.
TOR is looking very appealing, and i will be playing at launch as well. My brief time as weekend tester have been entertaining, I like the gameplay though I miss interlock, the graphics are refreshing the animation is fluent and the voice acting is very cool, but it feels like I'm playing WoW at times and that part I don't like. In the end I guess Bioware had no choice if they wanted to compete.

Pages: 1 2